PDA

View Full Version : Liftgate question on 95 GC

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

XJ-001
10-26-2005, 03:45 PM
How can you get the liftgate open on a Grand Cherokee if the outside latch doesn't seem to work? When my folks owned it, my mom backed into something that pushed in the area around the license plate pocket. Up until recently, it had been opening most of the time, but sometimes you had to cycle the lock a couple times to get it to work. Well now it won't open at all. The lock is working, cause I can tell the difference in the feel of the handle operation, but it seems like the handle isn't moving the latch far enough to release. I've tried removing the striker from underneath, having the wife push on the inside as I'm trying to get it open, pushing from the sides towards the center, but nothing seems to work. You can't get the interior trim panel off with the gate closed, short of a can opener or torch I'm at a standstill.....Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom

BREK
10-27-2005, 09:26 AM
Tom, I talked to a couple of our mechanics at the dealership and the general consensus seems to be that you have to find a way to get the interior panel off and open it from the inside. When you get it apart and figure what parts you need give me a call (651)464-4258 I can hook you up with whatever parts you need for it.

XJ-001
10-27-2005, 09:56 AM
Thanks BREK, I'll do that!

Bulltear Ad