PDA

View Full Version : California screws it up again!

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Mudrat
11-05-2005, 08:12 PM
Parents 'have no due process or privacy right to override the determinations of public schools’

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled yesterday (Nov 2) against parents who sued their local school district after their elementary-age children were given a sexually charged survey, saying there is ”no fundamental right of parents to be the exclusive provider of information regarding sexual matters to their children.”
The three-judge panel of the full court further ruled that parents “have no due process or privacy right to override the determinations of public schools as to the information to which their children will be exposed while enrolled as students.”

Read the whole story HERE (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=47195)...

Carrie Gordon Earll (director of Issue Analysis with Focus on the Family Action (http://focusaction.org/) said in a statement. “The 9th Circuit did more than rule against parents who were upset that their elementary-school-aged children were being asked explicit questions about sex in class. They told all parents they have no right to protest what public schools tell their children.”

And, while I don't hold with Ayn Rand's accounts about New Orleans, she make this point ...
”We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.” [Ayn Rand, The Nature of Government]

So we have come to the point where hystory is re-written to suite the States needs, the constitution is virtually ignored, personal privacy is non-exisistant, personal property is only yours until the State wants it for another purpose, and now parents are requried only to give birth and the State will raise the child as the State sees fit.

I don't make this stuff up - just reporting the news ...

wolfe_man
11-06-2005, 01:48 AM
You've got no clue how fucked up the justice/school system is in california. I'm dealing with some crazy shit myself. I'm a child abuse since I give my kids chores to do and spank them (On the butt) when they lie/steal/mouth off..... No proof of child abuse (no marks, witnesses etc) but I'm 100% guilty unless I can prove otherwise....they dont have to prove I did anything, I have to prove I didnt.

Mudrat
11-06-2005, 06:02 AM
You've got no clue how fucked up the justice/school system is in california. I'm dealing with some crazy shit myself. I'm a child abuse since I give my kids chores to do and spank them (On the butt) when they lie/steal/mouth off..... No proof of child abuse (no marks, witnesses etc) but I'm 100% guilty unless I can prove otherwise....they dont have to prove I did anything, I have to prove I didnt.
Man that sucks and another reason I haven't moved back to the LEFT coast.

For the chores thing??? I told mine they are going to act and behave as adults. They pay for things by working around the house. Don't do your chores you can't pay for the internet, TV, food (other than bare necessities) and with Erin GAS for her Jeep!!!! Just like the real world - - no work, no pay. No pay, no 'good things'. I have one going to college 2 years http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/crossfingers.gif and the other either to school, military or just OUT in 3.

youdidwhat
11-06-2005, 09:24 AM
and people wonder why the world is so F&%$#@ up right now. there is a reason why youths are not allowed to do certain things, like vote, drink, drive, and join the army. but yet some idiot in office decides kids have more rights than adults. I've worked in the Mo. child care system for over 10 years and I am astounded at the lack of consideration. youth servicies give to parents. we in this state still have the right to spank, (on the butt with hand only) but you are right about the they do not have to prove you did it, its the same here you have to prove you did not do it.

we as parents are held responcible for everything our under 18 kids do, but we cannot disipline them for doing wrong.

its so frustrating, I don't even know what to say. 8)

I wonder if it would be possible to sue the school system for teaching my kids how to cuss. because alot of kids learn how to cuss from peers at school. so why are the school systems not held responcible for alot of there actions. I understand the "Hotline" procedures and think they have a good handle on thing but once someone decides wrong has been done. there is a long slow follow up that is not fair.

I'm gonna sh*& up now because I will go on forever and just keep hitting my head against a wall. #-o

I love this country, ALOT, but sometimes I get frustrated at the decisions made up top and wish I had more of a chance to voicemy distaste for "blanket policies" which are not thought thru :roll:

rollen dean montoya
11-08-2005, 08:08 PM
the way laws are you can't even threaten your kid without someone screaming child abuse.i wonder what they would have said if they saw what my great uncle used to do to us. we screwed up and didn't fess up
he would send us all out to get a hickory switch. now thats torture. you
go and get your own wippin stick so you can get your ass beat.hell to this
day my mom will still whip mine and my brothers ass in public. you can't
tell her its wrong. she's a redneck and will tell ya she has no gangbangers for kids.

Mudrat
11-08-2005, 09:00 PM
the way laws are you can't even threaten your kid without someone screaming child abuse.i wonder what they would have said if they saw what my great uncle used to do to us. we screwed up and didn't fess up
go and get your own wippin stick so you can get your ass beat.
Yup, been there had that, and the dog got whipped too for biting dad while he wailed on me!!!!

Penguin
11-13-2005, 06:49 AM
Yup, been there had that, and the dog got whipped too for biting dad while he wailed on me!!!!
That was the way we knew we were going to get a beating. If the dog was locked in a room you were going to get a beating for screwing up.
People wonder why I have no kids, these are the reasons why.
This is the problem with our govenment, everyone wants someone else to solve thier problems. When that happens, bad laws get passed.

Mudrat
11-13-2005, 08:41 PM
you
That was the way we knew we were going to get a beating. If the dog was locked in a room you were going to get a beating for screwing up.
but we turned out ok ok ok http://www.floridajeepers.net/images/smiles/icon_shaking2.gif okhttp://www.floridajeepers.net/images/smiles/eusa_drool.gif didn't we http://www.floridajeepers.net/images/smiles/ahhhhh.gif http://www.floridajeepers.net/images/smiles/shakehead.gif

jeepsr4ever
11-13-2005, 08:46 PM
:wink:

rollen dean montoya
11-15-2005, 08:05 PM
well, some of us did. i learned how to drink moonshine :razz:
drive like i stole it :mrgreen: :lo1l:
shoot :mrgreen:
and corrupt the uncorrupted :lo1l: :!: :mrgreen: 111!!!

Lifted79CJ7
11-15-2005, 09:24 PM
well, some of us did. i learned how to drink moonshine :razz:
drive like i stole it :mrgreen: :lo1l:
shoot :mrgreen:
and corrupt the uncorrupted :lo1l: :!: :mrgreen: 111!!!

I can vouch for him on this one! :shock:

rollen dean montoya
11-15-2005, 09:36 PM
fum being corrupt isn't it? :mrgreen:

Lifted79CJ7
11-15-2005, 09:57 PM
Yes, yes it is!!

Jack

I like cheese whiz and crackers. :t:

rollen dean montoya
11-16-2005, 12:01 AM
now we must corrupt the others :mrgreen:

Lifted79CJ7
11-16-2005, 12:18 AM
Yes! Cheez Whiz and Crackers for all!!! Yay!!!

Bulltear Ad