PDA

View Full Version : Another Big Ol' Axle on the market...

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Lifted79CJ7
11-15-2005, 09:50 PM
http://www.overkilleng.com/

pyagid
11-15-2005, 10:04 PM
:-| :-| :-| :-|

i would like to see some better images, and stuff on those. Maybe prices. I will check back and hopefully the site is updated more soon

-paul

jeepsr4ever
11-15-2005, 11:01 PM
Very well could be the next gen thing but I heard $9000 for a front and rear. For $900 you can get a set of ol 2.5 ton rockwells or a dana 60 front,...LOL

Lifted79CJ7
11-16-2005, 12:18 AM
So Matt, you have any updated pics of the rockwell CJ project? I am seriously considering ditching the dana 44's and going 60's or rockwells with as much lift as I have....

Trailbst
11-16-2005, 10:08 AM
There is an article in the latest 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility.

It's kinda interesting. Uses CV axles inside the housing. Access panels to pull the axles out. Heavy gauge steel.

With 39" tires, they measured 18" of clearance under the housing, and 20.5" under the yoke.

My concern would be running enough lift to clear the high part of the housing.

Erik

Lifted79CJ7
11-16-2005, 10:07 PM
You don't happen to have a scanner do ya??? :wink:

Mudrat
11-17-2005, 10:46 PM
They need an English major (or elementary schooler) to help with proof reading there posts
"...of coarse anyone..." Should be of course as in:
1 : the act or action of moving in a path from point to point
2 : the path over which something moves or extends: as a : RACECOURSE b (1) : the direction of travel of a vehicle (as a ship or airplane) usually measured as a clockwise angle from north; also : the projected path of travel (2) : a point of the compass c : WATERCOURSE d : GOLF COURSE

NOT
1 : of ordinary or inferior quality or value : COMMON
2 a (1) : composed of relatively large parts or particles <coarse sand> (2) : loose or rough in texture <coarse cloth> b : not precise or detailed with respect to adjustment or discrimination
3 : crude or unrefined in taste, manners, or language
4 : harsh, raucous, or rough in tone
5 chiefly British : of or relating to coarse fish <coarse fishing>

Some times it sucks to be a technical editor :?:

Bulltear Ad