PDA

View Full Version : Input shaft for Richmond ROD & five speeds 4 AMC

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Holeshot
11-17-2005, 12:52 PM
Hello.

I screwed up & sold my DNE "Street-Five" for AMC V8 (car). At the time, ROD & "Street-Five" trannies were still available. Now Richmond says "we no longer service that application". I couldn't even get their tech department to look up the number for an AMC input shaft.

Supposedly, from what I read somewhere, the ROD & the "Street-Five" use the same input shaft. Seems plausible since the trans look VERY similar.

Sure would be nice if I could take an ROD for SBC, MOPAR, or whatever, and install the AMC input shaft.

I can't stand those internal rail shifter trans from Tremec (T-56, TKO, etc.). Look like junk to me, and I've seen a lot of posts elsewhere about them wearing out & jumping out of gear.

I know it would not be cheap, but I have $300 rite now for anybody who sells me the needed input shaft.

Or, anybody know which trans could be adapted to AM (car)??? The MOPAR has the longest input shaft, but I don't think I want to spend $2k~$3K and THEN determine if it can be adapted. HELP!!!!

shawn
11-17-2005, 04:39 PM
Does your trans have an input on it now? Why not have it tailored to your AMC. Pilot, diameter, spline, some things are change-able, may be worth looking into.

Bulltear Ad