PDA

View Full Version : Need more info on this part

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Blown7
11-21-2005, 05:33 AM
#534 Tri-flow for AMC V8's replaces all dry sump pickups and allows the pickup tube (in the oil pan) hole to be plugged. Oil can be picked up by means of oil pan sump or other. No tapping of the block is needed (with single line) and this adaptor has provisions for running external coolers, oil filters, oil prelubers or/and oil volume meters or pressure sensors and it replaces entire oil filter adaptor. #534 comes with all holes premarked for easy plumbing.

Check our store for pricing

M.C. I have the Milodon 2 line thru pan pick up, can I use this plate in addition to the Milodon plate? Or can I get rid of the Milodon plate all together and just install this one. I want to add a remote filter but I like the 2 line pick up setup, I like your plate and if it can be used in addition to or in place of (the Milodon plate) it would eliminate the cheesy aftermarket remote adapter. If this will work I'll order one today. Jeff

jeepsr4ever
11-21-2005, 08:57 AM
This part # eliminates the milodon plate and stock oil filter adaptor all together. I take it your running dual lines? The milodon plate has the one pickup on it and the other is going to your block or is their something I am missing

Blown7
11-21-2005, 07:08 PM
This part # eliminates the milodon plate and stock oil filter adaptor all together. I take it your running dual lines? The milodon plate has the one pickup on it and the other is going to your block or is their something I am missing

Nope your not missing a thing :wink: Just wanted to know if all my lines can stay. The write up you have for the part left me wondering if it was a single line or double line inlet to the pump. Jeff
PS gonna order one now!

The E store wouldn't let me checkout :(:

jeepsr4ever
11-21-2005, 09:17 PM
We are looking into it

dbesade
11-21-2005, 11:33 PM

Nope your not missing a thing :wink: Just wanted to know if all my lines can stay. The write up you have for the part left me wondering if it was a single line or double line inlet to the pump. Jeff
PS gonna order one now!

The E store wouldn't let me checkout :(:

Blown7:

The store should let you checkout now.

-Dave

Blown7
11-22-2005, 05:33 AM
Got it ordered this AM everything worked slick! :lo1l: Jeff

Blown7
11-28-2005, 03:45 PM
OK the part is in!!!! :lo1l: Looks good as the pics, now MC I was thinking about drilling and milling the Milodon plate to sandwich between the timing cover and your plate. So now the question is,could this plate be used in addition to the Milodon plate and could this plate be used for the second oil inlet instead of the block inlet? It would make a neat bolt on instead of drilling and tapping the block oil galley inlet. Jeff

jeepsr4ever
11-29-2005, 12:41 PM
Jeff please send pics!

You could theoretically do that but you wouldnt pickup any more oil than the 534 itself. It has maxed out the port and the hole size at .704" which is .079" larger than a -12 AN fitting through hole. You could however drill out the -12 to 1/2 hpt fitting to .625 so their is no bottleneck. Our info suggests that the pump cant pump any more volume than the 534 allows unless major pump cavity and gear work is done.

Here is a pic showing the -12 adaptor being drilled out

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/bulltear/hahed.jpg

Blown7
11-29-2005, 08:15 PM
Ok MC gotta get that new camera out of the box and figure out how it works. Pics in a few days, my point is I guess if you have a two hose Milodon oil pan pick up, one inlet hose would get connected to the Milodon plate, and one inlet hose would get connected to the 534 inlet. So the pump would have two inlets thus bypassing the machined locating hole tapped block inlet. On the OEM pump oil inlet feeds from the top, and the 534 feeds oil to the gears, inlet side from the bottom. (I think) I am wondering now is, whats is the maxium inlet flow rate the OEM pump can make? Jeff

jeepsr4ever
11-29-2005, 10:40 PM
The 534 does feed oil to the inlet side. As to the pump output at max flow I cant share that info but you wont get any advantage of running dual lines from 2 seperate single line inputs.

Bulltear Ad