PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Tanks & Quadratec

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

dbesade
11-23-2005, 02:34 PM
Okay this here is gunna be a story so get settled in.

So my dad in FL ships me up his old 76 CJ7 right. Happy to have it up here, its a good Jeep with its fair share of problems, what Jeep is perfect? One of the problems is the fuel tank is leaky, so, I ask him to splurge for a 20 Gallon Poly tank, he agrees and it comes from Quadratec a few weeks later. This is where the fun begins.

The tank shows up without a sending unit or bolts for the extension bracket. Okay no problem, call up Quadratec and have them sent, they bitch and moan but send them and the sending unit arrives with NO BOLTS and again I just say "it happens", I go out and get some Grade 8 Bolts and finish up the job, tank is working fine. Well a few weeks ago I noticed my tank was sitting lower than normal, so I jack her up and have a look. I have a quadra-trac transfer case so my rear end is offset. Because of this it was SHEERING OFF THE BOLTS FOR THE TANK!!!!!

SO again I call Quadratec, I explain the situation, they say they won't take the tank back since they're retarded and its not their problem, so I call MTS, the tanks manufacturer and explain the problem and they say "Hey is our fault, tell Quadratec that we will happily take the tank back". So I call Quadratec, and speak to a guy named Chris Hall and he says, okay no problem Dave, I'll take the tank back and in return for the difference in price, we will send you a gauge cluster, a pair of valve cover gaskets, the sending unit, and a hat. I was ecstatic, this is working out great! The sending unit comes, perfect condition, the valve cover gasket (note single) comes, and I think, where the hell is the other one? I make a note and continue opening boxes, and we get to the tank, ITS F**KING DENTED!!! So I call up for chris and get a guy named Mike, he says, hey no problem, our fault on the fuel tank I'l send another (did I mention this is the wrong tank as well!) and it should be the right one. So today, the other tank comes in and its even more damaged than the last one!!

So I call up Chris Hall and try and figure it out, well it turns out that Crown, who makes their parts to MOPAR specs, doesn't make the exact tank for a 76 CJ7 since they have a unique tank, I'll have to get a new filler hose since the tank has a 1" Filler neck. On top of it he says there is no way a tank can be damaged twice in Shipping, so I call bullshit and take pictures of it, (just sent them), he also says they will send out another tank but after that they cant since they have <u>exhausted</u> their resources!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It gets better, the tanks were shipped in a ONE PLY box with NO PACKING MATERIAL, the boxes were ripped on top and bottom and they are saying they aren't responsible, he literally said "We at Quadratec cannot control the people in our Warehouse" I replied "You are saying your not responsible for the damage to the tanks" He said "Yes".
Now this is a multi million dollar company with warehouses in NV and PA and its NOT THEIR FAULT. He said they will pick up the tanks but they cant send me any more since its obvious I am breaking them.

These people are not packing these items up right, I am getting shafted hard core and I dont know what to do. I am just a Jeeper, I love my Jeep and now I can't drive it because of my fuel tank woes, I just had Surgery on top of all this shit and they are expecting me to drop my Poly tank and send it ASAP.

***Update***
Chris Hall just called with an update from the pictures, he thought I was yanking him on the damage and the pictures set him back, he said he is going to ship the tank himself and bulletproof it. We will see. I dunno what to believe. :smile:

Here are some pictures of the damage. I don't have pictures of the box damage hosted yet.

Tank #2
http://img462.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10008708ff.jpg

Tank #1
http://img15.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10008747bm.jpg [/img]

rollen dean montoya
11-23-2005, 07:20 PM
the dude better send the tank in an armored truck.

Bulltear Ad