PDA

View Full Version : 360 distributor gears trashed

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

mtjeeper
11-23-2005, 03:21 PM
this is about my 5th go-round with distributor gears getting trashed. It is the first time since my engine rebuild about a year ago. http://community.webshots.com/album/510056966gFOAiM
there is a few shots of it. the odd thing about this time is that only about half of the teeth have been chewed away making it look concave but the opposite side teeth look perfect. One of the last times it did this I bought a new cover (from bulltear) but ultimatly it took a full rebuild to fix it, OR SO I THOUGHT :(: !

Anybody have any thoughts??

Thanks in advance,
Matt

pyagid
11-24-2005, 07:50 AM
distributor shaft bent?

mtjeeper
11-24-2005, 10:16 AM
it's a MSD pro-billet that is not quite a year old. I have thought about that but I can't check it. The machine shop that did the rebuild last january has the waggy now. I figure the gears wasted on one side has to be an indicator of something very obvious. The dist shaft would fit that bill.

Thanks,

willem
11-27-2005, 03:04 AM
look troug the hole off the feulpump (take it off) and see if there is coming oil on the gears

i had the same thing after a couple off oil changes,i think there is coming some dirt in the oiling holes troug the camshaft and no oil is coming out there anymore
i made a oil line from the filter and made it sciurt some oil from the outside on the dist gears

regards willem

sorry about my english

Bulltear Ad