PDA

View Full Version : nitro r/c engine

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

BREK
12-02-2005, 10:50 AM
I need a .12-.15 size engine I kinda had a little mishap and blew mine up,checked on a rebuild kit and they are about the cost of a new engine. I'm kinda looking for a good working used one. Anybody know if there is a company that makes amc bodies for r/c cars :-|

Holeshot
12-09-2005, 04:53 PM
Hi, again...I have a bunch of R/C engines, what r u looking for? What is it going in?

BREK
12-09-2005, 05:09 PM
looking for .12-.15 size,it's going in a traxxas nitro rustler

Holeshot
12-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Ahhh...all my engines are for planes. I had a couple of T-Max's. The 2.5 was way too fast for my yard, had to let it go.

Mudrat
12-09-2005, 09:28 PM
Sounds like a re-gear to get the speed down and torque up :idea: :t:

Holeshot
12-10-2005, 02:46 PM
I did gear it down, but when it hit second it would wheelie out of control. I figured that the rear tires did not have quite the same mushiness & experimented with switching tires around trying to have exactly the same OD, but that never helped. I also had an aftermarket chamber on it, a velocity stack, & had cleaned up the ports a bit. VERY fast & LOUD.

Mudrat
12-10-2005, 03:43 PM
I did gear it down, but when it hit second it would wheelie out of control. I figured that the rear tires did not have quite the same mushiness & experimented with switching tires around trying to have exactly the same OD, but that never helped. I also had an aftermarket chamber on it, a velocity stack, & had cleaned up the ports a bit. VERY fast & LOUD.
:-| :-| :-| Didja try a 3" well pipe bumper with a schedule 40 stinger ? At least the front end would stay down :roll:

Well maybe not - didn't work on my poped and ported 327/4-bolt CJ5 either 111!!! #-o :shock:

BREK
12-12-2005, 09:53 AM
well I got an engine but now I found out that the reciever is fried after sitting around for a year so now I need a reciever. as for the wheelie problem on the t-maxx the trans has adjustable shift points,maybe that would help :-|

Holeshot
12-12-2005, 01:26 PM
I did try that, too much torque for an early shift (still wheelied) & a late shift just was sickening, wringing it out too much.

So I got into building planes.

Then I got in a car wreck & been on morphine ever since. A bit hard to concentrate.

Now I have a 3 year old boy to chase around the house & pull off of the curtains, etc. No time left for anything else. Sure do get tired of Barney & Elmo!!!

Bulltear Ad