PDA

View Full Version : AMC Forum needs MC

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

tarior
01-06-2006, 11:53 PM
MC needs to administrate the AMC Forum. I know he is a moderator over there, but he definitely doesn't run it.
That forum sucks ass. :(: The links don't work right, my password almost never works, I don't stay logged in when I set it to.
'Just pisses me off :(:

jeepsr4ever
01-07-2006, 11:21 AM
I am 74bubblefender and a moderator there

Arthur you alright man :mrgreen:

tarior
01-07-2006, 02:31 PM
I figgered that was you.
You can just tell the difference between a well run outfit, and one that's not so well run.

The PIG Smith
07-15-2006, 05:43 PM
Not to hijack this thread, but I was hoping I could get some help over the AMC Forums.

I registered at http://www.amcforums.com with the same handle I use here, ThePIGSmith
The problem, I have never received my password to login.
I go to the login page and request that my password be sent, a dialog box pops up telling me that it was sent, but no emails.
The administrator email address on the home page of bheather@amcforums.com does not work.
(I do not have a problem posting an email address in public does not work)
I do not how to get in contact with anyone over there to help.

I would really like to get in over there, for there seems to be lots of great info.
All I can do read and wish for now.

HELP!

FuzzFace2
09-21-2006, 09:06 AM
Update:
Well we don’t have to worry any more about pass words or logging in.
I am/was a member with the same user name FaceFace2 there. As of about a week ago the site went down, the site was having issues for about 2 weeks prier.
I know the site is owned & run (admin) by one person and it is a free site like this one so we can’t female dog too much about either one.
I hope it comes back up as it has a lot of good information that compliments this site and the other way too.

Jeeps4ever/74bubblefender do you have any info. on the site?
Dave ----

jeepsr4ever
09-21-2006, 09:11 AM
What I hear is that nobody can get ahold of Brandon so the site may fizzle away. Sad too as many a AMC'er checked in there daily.

BREK
09-21-2006, 10:58 AM
well that sucks, if the site shuts down that will be what twice in the last 2 years or so?

tufcj
09-21-2006, 12:22 PM
They were having some unknown software problems over there. Nobody was having any luck resolving them, so the board was put in maint mode.

Anybody have any idea when it'll be back up? MC?

Bob
tufcj

jeepsr4ever
09-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Havent heard

FuzzFace2
09-21-2006, 02:14 PM
I hope it’s only software and will be fixed and be back up.
I have talked (email) to Joe Javelin yesterday who is a mod on the site and he did not know what was up. No word from Brandon that it was going down or if it will be back up. I know if he needed help all he had to do was ask.
It’s like Brandon & site fell off the face of the earth!

You guys will have to put up with me till it’s back I guess
Dave ----

73hornut
09-21-2006, 06:23 PM
What was the mopar guys name, that set up the other forum, just prior to Brandons? He was a member on Brandons also. Maybe he can get that one back up in the interm.

FuzzFace2
09-21-2006, 07:47 PM
You know this site is good too! I have been posting on here only, but checking most of the others just to see what is going on.
I saved links from when Frans site went down, think you mean Mike Miller aka Gray Beard I have not seen any thing posted there tho
http://www.aimoo.com/forum/categories.cfm?id=653879&CategoryID=430704
It looks like a lot of people are posting here and he has opened it up to all makes
http://groups.msn.com/AMCRebelMachine
Mike Luke’s site also said some thing about it too IIRC
http://groups.msn.com/Mikesamchomepage/_whatsnew.msnw?pgmarket=en-us
Dave ----

73hornut
09-21-2006, 08:33 PM
http://www.aimoo.com/forum/categories.cfm?id=653879&CategoryID=430704

That's the one. Greybeards site. I spreadin the word to move over here.

jeepsr4ever
09-21-2006, 10:24 PM
Ha I remember Greybeard and those jokers over there. I dont think Mike has AMCs on his site anymore. I am a member of the eagle's nest....I have a hard time getting around the forum. Could be age creeping up

FuzzFace2
09-21-2006, 10:47 PM
Ha I remember Greybeard and those jokers over there. I dont think Mike has AMCs on his site anymore. I am a member of the eagle's nest....I have a hard time getting around the forum. Could be age creeping upThat bunch from Texas building a drag car for $500 on the old forum! No AMC on his site but he does race one, IIRC he has a general or some thing that you could post in I guess.
you know I did not see Gray on the new site wonder why?
Dave ----

kirkwood
09-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Doesn't take long to give last rites!

Check out my post in the other thread about the forum's issues. I ahve been in contact with Brandon since it went down and it should be back up within the next few days.

FuzzFace2
09-22-2006, 01:59 PM
That’s cool, not that here is all that bad, good folk & information :lo1l:
I keep checking to see when it’s back up.
Thanks
Dave ----

Bulltear Ad