PDA

View Full Version : Engine dipstick Tube install.

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Mud4me
01-29-2006, 08:20 AM
Ok this may be an elementary question but here goes. I need to get a new engine dipstick tube into the block. Is there some trick to getting this right. The last one i tried you could hardly get the dipstick into the tube when it gets close to the bottom. almost have to force it the last couple inches. Due to this the old tube has worked its way loose. I need to get the new one in right, not hitting anything, and not going to work its way loose. Any tips?

jeepsr4ever
01-29-2006, 09:40 AM
Yes the dipstick hole will only accept a tube no larger than .338" most tubes are .348 coming from Mopar (thanks to their metric system :?: ) What you should do is sand on the two bumps and take off .010 off them and then install the rube as far down by hand. Next take a small wrench and use the boxed end on the bottom retaining ring of the tube and smack the wrench while holding it. This will force the tube into its resting position and your done...dont forget to add a dab of silicone

Good luck

Mud4me
01-30-2006, 05:04 PM
Do i have to drop the pan to position the tube in the right place?

jeepsr4ever
01-30-2006, 05:45 PM
No you just install it purpedicualr to the drivers side with the bend facing down and forward. When you get it almost all the way you will be able to feel it slip into its final resting place then tap it in.

Mud4me
01-31-2006, 05:16 PM
So the tube itself goes into the hole in the windage tray of the oil pan. Before the tube goes completely in it would hit the tray right?

Bulltear Ad