PDA

View Full Version : possible water/coolant in oil question

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Mud4me
02-15-2006, 08:06 PM
What exactly does coolant in the oil look like? I recently put on a new intake ,amc 360, so that could be where its coming from. I dropped my pan today and the oil still looked like oil but there were some white milky lookin stuff in the oil pan baffles, not alot, but some. If it is indeed water coming from the water ports on the intake, does the jeep need to be parked right away to prevent engine damage or would it be alright to drive it that way for a couple days till i get a chance to fix it?

youdidwhat
02-16-2006, 06:50 AM
that sounds like water in the oil... but it could be from deep water traveling or from blown gasket. you should be ok driving it for a couple days. but every time you drive it your engine has less lubracation than normal due to the thinning of the oil. and any place it may be seeping from (if its a blown gasket) will continue to become a bigger hole.

if you have to drive it than do but if you do not have to drive it then park it and do not risk any more dammage.

tufcj
02-16-2006, 08:02 AM
Just a little white stuff could be nothing but condensation. If you drive a lot of short trips without getting it up to operating temp for an hour or so, condensation will build up, nothing to worry about. You just need to take it out on the highway once in a while to get the oil hot and evaporate the moisture out. If it is leaking any large amount, your oil will turn a light brown color, or there will be water under the oil in the bottom of the pan (oil floats on top of water).

Bob
tufcj

Bulltear Ad