PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Canada... soooo

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

dbesade
03-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Okay,

So my wife got orders to North Bay Canada. Now my CJ is not going to make a 2000 mile drive in one piece. I'm thinking of rebuilding/replacing/fixing the following for the trip, please give me some input on this.

Rebuild the TH400 Tranny
Rebuild Quadra-Trac
New Pinion Seals
New U-Joints
Change out Diff Fluid
HEI Distributor
New Wiring Harness
Install a damn radio
rebuild the carb

Was going to check on the following:

Pull the intake while rebuilding the carb and check the pushrods and lifters for abnormal wear and replace the lifters, pushrods, cam, and bearings if needed.

Am I missing anything that anyone could think of? Only have 5 or so months to do this and I'm a bit nervous thats not enough time... but.. watchya gunna do.

Thanks for any input anyone gives.

-Dave
The Web/Jeep Guy

BREK
03-06-2006, 10:09 AM
I know most of that stuff probably needs to be done anyway,but woulden't it be easier to just trailor it

dbesade
03-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Probably, but I don't have a vehicle that would be good for towing it. I figure I might as well do all this now, in a familiar place with people who could help me if needed (who live near by). Plus when I finally do my frame up resto.. I won't have to worry about most of this stuff.

-Dave

BREK
03-07-2006, 11:10 AM
yeah I know what you mean about trailoring, I went and bought a 26' enclosed trailor and the little 2wd S-10 doesent have nearly enough to so the job eh :mrgreen:

Bulltear Ad