PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

amckid6970
03-20-2006, 12:06 AM
I just found out a couple days ago that my AMX won't make it to the bodyshop till this fall at the soonest. So I have some extra cash to make the AMX faster! :lo1l: My question is this.... Say you have $5000 to spend on the 390 in your 4spd AMX and you already have a Torquer II intake, headers, and Crane Cams electronic swap. And it has 69 square port heads that to my knowlage are untouched. You have to use the heads on it. (no aluminum stuff) :wink:

I already plan on doing the oiling upgrades but I'm looking for ideas on the build, so I can get parts ordered and I can jump into it when I get back to the states. :t:

Hey BREK, I hope I come up with a combo that'll keep me at least close when we race next year! :mrgreen:

tarior
03-20-2006, 03:51 AM
Drill and tap your block for 1/2" bolts and buy some Indy 401 SR heads. Then have those ported and flowed, with the rest of the combo right, you should be able to achieve nearly 700 hp :lo1l: :lo1l:

youdidwhat
03-20-2006, 05:22 AM
blower or torbo :lo1l:

BREK
03-20-2006, 11:00 AM
I don't know what would work best for you but here's what I have. 69' 390 block bored .040 JE pistons stock rods and crank, 291c heads I think have had some port work done (find out for sure this spring) hooker comp headers with 3 1/2" collectors 2 1/2" pipe with hooker aero chamber mufflers

amckid6970
03-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Well, I've thought about aluminum heads but I don't plan on really making my AMX a racecar. That's why I bought the Javelin. :mrgreen:

My AMX runs good enough now that I think a gear change and slicks will get me into the 12's. I'm just looking for Ideas as to what you guys would do keeping the factory squareport heads. I was thinking about going full roller but the heads might not flow well enough for it to be worth it. Here's what I'm running now: I didn't put the engine together, but I do know it has stamped rockers, big cam (3300 rpm is when you feal it start working), it isn't balanced, has torquer intake, 750 eddie carb, crane electronic ignition, unknown brand headers (dogleg port), 2.5 inch 40 series 2 chamber Flowmasters with h-pipe and after the mufflers it goes to 2.25 inch up and over the axel. My best time in it was a 13.8@103 with a whole slew of things wrong with it that have since been fixed. I planned on going through the engine when I got home anyway, but figured I'd pick your brains as to how I should tweak it more. :t:

Bulltear Ad