PDA

View Full Version : Lose fit on oil fill tube

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

PKzJavelin
03-25-2006, 08:37 PM
It looks GREAT :lo1l: but it fit up in the air gap lose :?:
Is it the air gap? Can I use silacone to make it fit up?
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c227/PKzJavelin/jan21-06stuff014.jpg

jeepsr4ever
03-25-2006, 10:17 PM
Hmm thats a strange one. We usually hold +/- .001 on the OD for a press fit. It could be a tube issue and it could also be a intake hole issue I can only specualte without seeing it myself but I would use some silly cone and see how that goes. Sure does look nice on that air gap!!

PKzJavelin
03-26-2006, 12:06 AM
I just put the tube on a stock 4bbl manifold and it fits fine, so its the
AIR GAP #-o
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c227/PKzJavelin/DSC01876.jpg

Mudrat
03-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Looks good - maybe I'll get one (soon) so I can finsish my build???

Goin on a 360 with an E-brock Performer ...

Briteblock
03-30-2006, 01:47 PM
Whew...I am making those here now and MC would have my head if I screwed even one up. He says the material cost is high on each one because we get it in with a heavy grit finish. I refinish them with scotchbrite on a lathe and use insertable carbide cutters for the hole and press fit OD. The worst part of this process is the dust created by copping them from a long bar

tufcj
03-30-2006, 05:44 PM
If it helps any, mine was a bit loose on my R4B (nothing that RTV didn't fix). MC said he machined that one himself. #-o

Bob
tufcj

Mudrat
03-30-2006, 09:18 PM
Whew...I am making those here now and MC would have my head if I screwed even one up. He says the material cost is high on each one because we get it in with a heavy grit finish. I refinish them with scotchbrite on a lathe and use insertable carbide cutters for the hole and press fit OD. The worst part of this process is the dust created by copping them from a long bar
You turn'm from BAR stock not TUBE stock??? :shock:

Hope you recycle the shavings and get some $$ back!!!

Bulltear Ad