PDA

View Full Version : H1 water crossing

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

mika01
04-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Here is a pic of an H1 crossing a pretty deep water hole. Was verry impressed with its capabilities until he messed his auto trans linkage and lost reverse. He turned around and went home :!:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/mika01/DSC02354.jpg

tufcj
04-03-2006, 12:52 PM
They can be impressive, but mostly they're just too big. They didn't fit most of the trails in Colorado.

I saw one on the Moab Rim trail in Utah with the front wheel ripped off at the ball joint.

I watched one on a fairly easy trail in Colorado (rock garden on Spring Creek trail). Vertical step, about to the bottom of the bumper on the Hummer (H1). He hit it at every angle imaginable and couldn't climb it. After about 1/2 hour, we asked if we could get by (had 4 CJs in our group). I went first, idled up to the ledge, blipped the throttle and the front was up, then tapped the throttle again and the rear climbed. Never touched the clutch, and hardly even chirped the tires. Funny thing was, all 4 CJs made it up without a problem.

I made the comment "kind of makes you want to run out and spend 50K on one" to one of the guys in my group as we walked back down to watch after we were through. One of the girls in their group spun around like I'd grabbed her ass, used a very annoyed tone, telling me how he was a rookie and inexperienced driver, and that hummer was just as good as any of our "beat up old Jeeps".

I just said, "we're up there and he's down here", as we walked away. Don't know if he ever made it or not.

Bob
tufcj

bls33
04-03-2006, 03:04 PM
I saw a video similiar to that scenario gave me a good laugh :?

Goose
04-15-2006, 05:53 PM
What I cant understand is the "H1" the real hummer?? and the H2 the hummer body on a chevy frame..??

Whichever.. the one on the pickup frame is pretty much a truly ugly , very expensive, lame, poppa oscar sierra. (piece of ) I have watched a few of these things and they just bite.. the true Hummers are pretty impressive . they are as a big as a dang houseboat though.

I was in the Armored Cavalry when they first brought the Hmmv into the service.. and we tried all kinds of stupid things in them.. and for the most part got away with it..

mika01
04-15-2006, 07:07 PM
I'm nor sure what this owner had done to it but take my word for it, this thing sounded like a locomotive coming out of the woods. Pretty funny actully.

Goose
04-16-2006, 11:16 AM
I guess the most important part I cant understand, is 60 grand for a civillian hummer.. ok then you take it out and fill it full of mud rock dings etc.. I couldnt do it..It's the biggest reason I havent finished painting the J truck..I'm afraid I'll wuss out..

pyagid
04-24-2006, 08:00 AM
is that Manny?

Bulltear Ad