PDA

View Full Version : Dist. gear oiling mod???

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

jeep_man_401
04-08-2006, 02:10 AM
Does anybody have a copy of the installation instructions for the dist. gear oil kit? Maybe a good pic of the parts??

Also anybody here ever use it and what did you think?

Thinking about making or buying one as a way to bleed off some pressure and keep the gears alive this time around.

Also MC how much do you take off the Indy cover pressure relief plunger when you polish them?

I'm ditching the oil pressure off the back of the block this time...going to drill and tap the Indy cover to gain a oil pressure gauge port. Why didn't I think of that before?? #-o

Putting it togeather again now :roll: ...will fire it up on a dyno this time in Sauk Center. :t: Then at least I'll have another set of hands and I'll get my HP and torque curves at the same time. :lo1l:

jeepsr4ever
04-08-2006, 06:24 AM
:-|

Gremlin4ever
04-11-2006, 08:11 PM
I have heard of drilling a hole into the left oil plug on the front of the block so oil will squirt through and splash on the inner side of the timing cover to get more oil on the cam gear and Dist. drive gear.

Any knowledge of this or opinions on it?

jeepsr4ever
04-11-2006, 08:34 PM
Its a old one that some thought would help the distributor gear but I am afraid the oil gets nowhere near the dizzy. Best mods are the simple ones. Sometimes it gets complicated with gear drives but I think they have fixed that problem.

ironman_gq
04-12-2006, 08:19 PM
I've seen them run a line off of the oil pressure feed to the timing cover and make a nozzle that squirts oil at the dizzy gear

73hornut
04-12-2006, 10:02 PM
I've seen them run a line off of the oil pressure feed to the timing cover and make a nozzle that squirts oil at the dizzy gear
If you take the time to make sure all the passages, from the cam to the dizzy, line up and are clear of obstructions, none of this is nessesary. Check the oil route from the front of the cam, to the dizzy gear very carefully.

Bulltear Ad