PDA

View Full Version : Harmonic Balacer Puller

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

JMSII
04-11-2006, 04:00 PM
Ok guys, I am REALLY feeling stupid on this one...

A while back some of my tools were stolen, including my beloved 25+ year old balancer puller. I have had one hell of a time finding a puller that will actually fit an AMC V/8 balancer! I have purchased several from the local yokel parts houses around here, but they are all too small. (meaning that the slots are not long enough) They say that's "all that are available"

Anybody know where I can find a decent puller?

Thanks

tankcj
04-11-2006, 05:08 PM
ok I just did this over the weekend..

I bought a 6" 3 arm puller from Harbor Frieght but the arms would not fit around the outside or the inside so I took off the arms so that only the hub was on the shaft. I stuck the shaft thru the crank pulley so that the shaft was centered in the crank snout and the puller (3 legged) hub was between the crank pulley and the crank. I then took some longer bolts and ran them thru the pulley and threaded them into the balancer. Then turn the nut on the puller like you would normally do...since the puller hub is underneath the pulley it will pull it out as you turn the nut. And since the pulley is bolted to the balancer, t comes off too!...it's quick and dirty but it worked. :!:

tufcj
04-12-2006, 06:45 AM
I have a Craftsman harmonic puller from Sears. Works just fine on the AMCs. It is probably 15 years old though.

Bob
tufcj

sian09
04-12-2006, 09:01 AM
I just pulled mine off a couple of weekends ago. I got the pulley kit from harbor freight also. Just got to find the right bolts and it came off with no problems whatsoever. Actually, it was too easy!! :?

JMSII
04-14-2006, 12:39 PM
Thanks guys, I guess I'll check Harbor Freight or Sears. (Duh! My other one was a Craftsman - don't I feel like the village idiot!) :oops:

ironman_gq
04-15-2006, 07:50 PM
got mine from NAPA worked great

Bulltear Ad