PDA

View Full Version : AMC 360 Oil pressure

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

mudmutt
04-29-2006, 06:19 PM
I have a 88 grand wagoneer with 100, 000 on the orginal engine and it is still going strong. No rattles, no oil leaks. Oil pressure cold 50 - 55, hot 25 -30 From what i have seen most of these engines don't last this long without a failure. Since i seem to be lucky so far, can you tell me what causes most failures and how can i avoid it. And is my current oil pressure OK "that is if you believe the gauge. Any info would be appreciated Regards Michael

jeepsr4ever
04-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Well since you have a 1988 with a factory installed motor for that year you have a upgraded oil filter adaptor which is probly the reason your motor lasted so long. 1987 and earlier had a oil filter adaptor with a pressure bypass and a oil filter bypass. Your motor doesnt have the oil filter bypass as Chrysler cast this piece in when they took over AMC. IF your not holding it to the floor and maintain proper maintenance it should run for a long long time.

mudmutt
04-30-2006, 05:15 PM
Thank you for the info, i appreciate it. " especially good news". The vehicle came from a little old lady in Idaho so i don't think the gas pedal saw the floor to many times, I will take the advise and not do the same. If you can suggest any orther upgrades to keep it living please let me know. Regards Michael

Bulltear Ad