PDA

View Full Version : rear wheel well for 68-70 AMX/Javelin

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

amckid6970
05-31-2006, 03:17 PM
In my search for parts and what not for my AMX to get redone I found that unless you hack another car up you have to hand fabricate the inner wheel house lip that attaches to the 1/4. So with some careful measuring my dad found that 67-68 firebird/camaro wheel houses are extreemly close. And talking with our bodyman he was surprized that they were as close as they were in resemblance. I'm not replacing the whole wheel house but the lip that attaches to the 1/4 and the bottom front of the wheel house are all that's being used from the firebird wheel houses I bought through AMES Performance. Just my .02, incase anyone was wondering what might work as a replacement since we all know this stuff isn't reproduced. :mrgreen:

I don't know what'll work for the 2nd gen AMX/Javelins but I'm sure I'll find out when I get back home, since my brother's AMX has the same issues.

tufcj
05-31-2006, 03:28 PM
You can get those body panels made for AMCs.

http://www.americanpartsdepot.com

http://www.kennedyamerican.com

Bob
tufcj

amckid6970
05-31-2006, 03:40 PM
Didn't know that. :oops: Oh well I guess I have more Pontiac stuff to get rid of next year at the swap meets. #-o :t:

tufcj
05-31-2006, 07:47 PM
No problem. There's a lot of AMC parts out there, sometimes they're just a little harder to find since they're not exactly mainstream. I'd been playing with AMCs since high school, but didn't really have to look for parts until I bought the 69 AMX. Took me a while, a lot of web and magazine searching, but the best move I made was to join an AMC club. Lots of info there, and good people who wanted to share. The AMC "oddballs" are like that.

Bob
tufcj

If you haven't been there, spend some time at www.amcforums.com . Lots of great people and info.

amckid6970
05-31-2006, 08:07 PM
I've been to that site before but from here I'm extreemly limited on what I can and can't look at. :(: All I can do is look at the cool pictures from the races. I suppose that'll be another thing for me to have to wait till I'm back in the states to check out. Thanks for the help. :sa: :t:

Bulltear Ad