PDA

View Full Version : Resurection with a VENGANCE

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

CJim7
06-28-2006, 10:09 PM
After slowly working on my 401 swap over the past several months, i fired it up tonight for the first time. Great mother of JEEPs.....this is gonna be a fun ride!

Once i got it to run for more then a few moments, and cleaned up the timing, it quit complaining and settled into a nice idle. Pulled the throttle cable back and could almost picture axle carnage in my future Got a feeling this Q-jet will work just fine for me.

Anyway, not a big deal for a lot of people, but i've been wanting a V8 in my CJ ever since i rolled it off the lot 14 years ago, and im 3 for 3 in motor swaps now with out any major hitches, so i feel like this is an acomplishment worth shareing. when i first got this jeep, i barely new how to change sparkplugs. It's definately been a valuable tool for learning how to use a wrench.

Thanks to everyone who answered questions, gave advice, and offered parts and valuable tips. Special thanks to Bulltear Industries and MC. :!: :lo1l:

tarior
06-28-2006, 11:21 PM
Having anything AMC is a good way to learn to wrench :mrgreen:

runnamuck
06-29-2006, 04:39 AM
:lo1l:
hell yeah man. congrats on getting the engine swap done. one day i'll have a 401 also. one day.

tufcj
06-29-2006, 05:39 AM
:t: Congrats Jim. Glad it runs well. Now we need pictures of the first carnage. :!:

I have had a 401 sitting for a few years, but it doesn't get installed until after the Dana 60 is in (1.5" 35 spline axles). That's also sitting in the garage. Amazing how a move can screw up your time lines.

Bob
tufcj

Bulltear Ad