PDA

View Full Version : Need a couple pics?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

slagburn
07-25-2006, 10:20 PM
Hey all, I'm trying to get long tube headers in my MJ, which is a pickup version of the small Cherokee. It's a 401 and it's set in pretty low. I was wondering if some of the car guys could snap a few photos down the side of the engine showing frame to header clearance and such. I'd also like to know the rail to rail dimension and the brand used.

I'm just trying to figure out where/ how far I'm going to have to move metal to make this work. Thanks for any help or picture links.

slagburn
07-27-2006, 01:08 PM
jeez- don't everybody post at once.

tufcj
07-27-2006, 02:03 PM
I'll post a couple of my AMX tonite.

Bob
tufcj

Mudrat
07-27-2006, 03:18 PM
jeez- don't everybody post at once.
Don't have an MJ or a Cherokee ...

Dusty
07-27-2006, 03:59 PM
take a serious look at the shorty headers from edelbrock.

on the V-8's ive been around in cherokees the long tube headers have clearance issues with the upper control arms and frame mounts for the arms. most guys i have seen put either CSB's or AMCs into thier XJ Cherokees have shopped a set of doug thorleys and shortened them to make everything clear and hug higher up. The AMX headers didnt work because of a firewall clearance issue

slagburn
07-27-2006, 06:08 PM
I guess I wasn't ultra clear in my first post- I'd like pictures taken of long tube headers installed on an AMC V-8 in a car, if nobody minds. Some rail to rail dimensions accompanying the pics would be great to get an idea of what I need to do.

As for the shorties- been there done that last year, time to move on to something that'll flow.

Dusty- I'll be removing the upper control arms and mounts from the 'frame', with that in mind is there an application that'll work with minimal surgery?

thanks..

Bulltear Ad