PDA

View Full Version : Crank Scraper

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

shfletch
07-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Does the crank scraper from bulltear fit ok with the milodon 8qt pan with the internal baffles? Anyone using this setup?

jeep_man_401
07-27-2006, 02:30 AM
I used a scraper from a guy in Florida with the Miodon pan...no problems.

You should order a stud set for the pan rail though. Makes the fitting of the scraper alot easier and also you can "lock" the scraper in place while putting on the silly cone and pan.
:idea:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/jeep_man_401/DSC00760.jpg

texascj
07-29-2006, 02:47 PM
Not trying to be funny but what exactly is the purpose of a crank scraper anyway?

dbesade
07-29-2006, 03:51 PM
Not trying to be funny but what exactly is the purpose of a crank scraper anyway?

I know what it does but was feeling lazy today. Here is a good description I found:

During normal engine operation a significant amount of oil adheres to or becomes entrained in a cloud surrounding the spinning bottom end. This oil eats up horsepower your engine is making by increasing the rotating mass and also creating parasitic drag. A crank scraper mechanically strips off excess oil by coming close to, but not touching*, the moving crankshaft and rods. It also interferes with the pressure differential that draws oil into the so-called windage cloud.

-Dave

texascj
07-29-2006, 10:01 PM
Makes sense...Thanks.

Bulltear Ad