PDA

View Full Version : Crap!

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Mudrat
08-21-2006, 09:45 AM
If DC would talk to the REAL Jeepers, this (http://wardsauto.com/ar/jeep_gladiator_production/) may not have happend ... because they would have seen what WE are looking for, not what THEY said we wanted :smile:

jeepsr4ever
08-21-2006, 01:33 PM
Geeeeeeeeez They claimed it wasnt profitable. Their is that ugly line shopwing between industrial analysts and consumers who know what they like.

Mudrat
08-21-2006, 04:04 PM
I spent over 1/2 hour looking for a live feedback place to drop an e-mail and came up with bupkis. If they want feed back and reviews, how the hell are we suppose to provide it?

I'm tired of seeing the same 5 Dr Z commercials on multiple pages.

Lifted79CJ7
08-21-2006, 05:32 PM
No kidding - and who thought that putting a German guy in commercials for an American brand that won WWII..... 111!!!

They should have made the Gladiator - that thing is awesome!

Mudrat
08-21-2006, 05:35 PM
Yeah, but I'd change some things though ... put the spare on the pass side so the drive has eaiser access to the rear door, and kick in a diesel option with the 44's, lockers and 35's like they talked about on the Rescue.

youdidwhat
08-22-2006, 06:58 AM
No kidding - and who thought that putting a German guy in commercials for an American brand that won WWII..... 111!!!

They should have made the Gladiator - that thing is awesome!

I've been waiting for someone else to make that connection.

Ok the Germans hated the Jeep in WW2 cause it was a die hard. when the first ones hit the shores Hitler orderd a report on the "weapon" brought over the guy who made the report did not know what to call the Jeep so he just listed what it did as the name, that "name" was a page long. do not know how long the report was.. so here is my concern do you all think mabye there are still some harbored resentment towards the Jeep and its part in the war??

that would explaine why we now have crystler-benz and the Jeep line is becoming all pimped for the street, with nothing trail worthy.

for real did we not learn the lesson about V6 during the GM days??

enough Ranting for now as I'm sure I just made someone mad.

J4GRAND
08-22-2006, 07:50 AM
It said in the article, "We have the Dakota". What DC has is a POS truck that has seen sales go down 30%. Smart :(: move on their part. I would have traded in my 05 GC on a Gladiator in a heartbeat. Someone better by the Jeep line form the Nazis before it's too late.

runnamuck
08-23-2006, 02:18 PM
:-| oh well, they lose again. guess i'll just have to stick with the gladiator that i got. :lo1l:

amcjeepman
08-25-2006, 10:40 PM
Thats almost as stupid as not building the Rescue.

Goose
08-26-2006, 09:54 AM
DC isn't goning to build anything that might actually be considered "Niche" market.. DC Owns frieghtliner trucks and Detroit Diesel engine..so whats the first thing they did?? Chop the warranty, and make the trucks look like a Big Gay version of a mer4cedes car.. still the same cheap plastic truck..and they decided that instead of allowing Detroit diesel to be installed by other OEM manufacturers (Kenworth Peterbilt etc) now if you want a detroit you have to buy a Frieghtliner.. and If you own say a Pete with a Detroit.. you have to come to a F/L dealer so they can stick it to you ..as to the jeeps..The Gladiator and the Rescue.. great ideas. never happen though.. think about the retro movement the Charger/ Challenger etc.. what would make more sense than bringing back the Grand Wagoneer? never happen, but man I bet they would sell a bunch.

tarior
08-26-2006, 02:45 PM
[quote=and If you own say a Pete with a Detroit.. you have to come to a F/L dealer so they can stick it to you ...[/quote]

Cat or Cummins :sa:

Mudrat
08-26-2006, 05:51 PM
Well next vote will be from Mobile, AL. We're down to #27 :smile:

Goose
08-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Yea I like the Cats.. but I like the fuel mileage on the detroit... 6.5 mpg in a 379 pete with a rockwell 10 speed and 373 gears.

But ya know it seems to me that DC better enjoy the money while they are making it.. cause they sure seem to be destroying the marquee.. Jeep is little better that Joke now.. although the newest rubicon looks like it nmight be a great platform to start on..(If I had that kind of money my CJ would be little short of astounding).

Lifted79CJ7
09-03-2006, 11:14 AM
Well I forwarded this link to the Jeep-L and after a few discussions, one of the guys finally found contact information for DC/Jeep to express his feelings....

Well boys and girls, since I was miffed about the canceling of the Jeep Gladiator, I found an address to send my frustations to DunseChrysler.
customerassist@daimlerchrysler.com
and a phone number to gripe on, 1-800-964-0600
And here is the answer I got back........

Sent: Aug 29, 2006 6:44 PM
To: Landen Schooler <skoullar@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance
Dear Landen:

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Group Customer Assistance Center.
DaimlerChrysler would like to thank you for your interest in the Jeep Gladiator. Though the decision has been made to forego production of the Jeep Gladiator concept vehicle, it does not mean that the Jeep Gladiator
will not be considered for production at a future date. With constantly
shifting market trends I would hesitate to discount the possibility of
new products on the horizon, specifically designed to suit your needs.
Preview images of the Jeep Gladiator concept were released in late 2004.
It made its official public debut at the 2005 North American International AutoShow.
We genuinely value consumer feedback, and encourage you to keep in touch for future updates regarding Jeep brand and its exciting product line
up.
For more information regarding Jeep Brand please visit:
http://www.jeep.com
You may also call us on our toll-free number at .
Thanks again for your email.
Sincerely,
Lashon
Senior Staff Representative
Chrysler Group Customer Assistance Center

US Customer Service - Jeep Brand Site
Brief Description:
Future Production
Comments:
I ordered 1996 Cherokee Sport in '96. I've been very happy with it the
past 10 years. I've lookd at a Liberty, but, the B pillar curves in too
far to clear my shoulder...so I'm still driving the Cherokee. I would
have ordered a new one if you still made them. I was excited about the
new Gladiator, and was planning to order one for the family farm. But I
read today that it has been canceled...... then the comment was Dooge
has the Dakota. So? I don't want a Dodge...I wanted to buy a Jeep
Gladiator. You folks lost a sale.

So, I think we should pass the adress and phone number around and let "Lashon" and his/her (?) higher ups an earful.
Landen Schooler
Palmyra, Iowa

Mudrat
09-03-2006, 05:10 PM
Thanks Jack - sounds like DC just gave the typical canned answer. So what we need to do is start a mailing campaign to tell them what JEEPERS want, not what wannabee mall crawlers want.

Pat

youdidwhat
09-04-2006, 07:18 AM
Thanks Jack - sounds like DC just gave the typical canned answer. So what we need to do is start a mailing campaign to tell them what JEEPERS want, not what wannabee mall crawlers want.

Pat

well put Pat =D>

rollen dean montoya
09-05-2006, 01:30 PM
hell i'm still waiting for a new eagle

Bulltear Ad