PDA

View Full Version : 360 upgrades

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Ghinmi
08-23-2006, 07:05 PM
This is my first post here, I ventured over from the IFSJA board to get some engine info. It looks like I've found the right place.

Anyhow, I've got a '76 Wagoneer that I've been fixing up for the last couple years. The first thing I did was lift it, but now that I've got so much time/money into it I could never off road it. The plan now is to lower it down a couple inches below stock with wide tires and some decent power, basically make it a "hot rod". I've pretty much got the suspension and stuff figured out but I'm clueless on the engine. Since the 360 only has 65,000 on it and the original owner took very good care of it, I don't want to rebuild it. I want to make it as quick as possible with the stock internals. I've already got a nice exhaust on it (duals with flowmaster 40's exiting in front of the rear tires) and I'm going to get the edelbrock shorty headers since they'll fit the exhaust I've got. Now I'm looking for a carb/intake/cam combo that'll wake it up. I need a setup that'll get it moving in a hurry. I know you can't make a race motor out of bolt ons, but I'd like to make as much power as possible without hurting the motor. It's not a daily driver or anything so I could care less about mileage and such. It supposedly weighs 4600 lbs and I'll be running 3.54 gears and 28" tall tires if that influences the choices any. Also, how much horsepower should I be able to make and how quick should it run (1/4 mile). I know it's kind of broad but I'm just trying to get my game plan set up. So, what carb/intake/cam setup would be best for me?

Thanks in advance!
Greg

Bulltear Ad