PDA

View Full Version : 360 Cooling Sensors

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

onestophop
09-21-2006, 01:53 PM
I tried search, but didn't get too much.

I have an amc 360 with howell EFI and an Edelbrock intake. I want to install a temp gauge but I have no room left in the intake. One spot has the Howell EFI sensor for the computer and the other spot has the factory sensor in it. I would pull the factory sensor, but the whole is too small for the sensor to fit it. Ive tried the side of the block, but the sensor is too long to fit there. It would fit perfectly in the EFI sensor port, but Howell says theres has to be there. The only other spot I see is at the back of the intake on the right side where the heater hose goes. Any help.

Terry

jeepsr4ever
09-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Why dont you T from the factory spot?

onestophop
09-21-2006, 02:03 PM
OK. How do I accomplish this.

jeepsr4ever
09-21-2006, 02:19 PM
You will need to buy a brass T fitting and thread it into the temp port on the drivers side of the intake. Next put you single temp sensor in one side of the T and then fill it with coolant allowing the coolant to run out of the other side of the T...you will want to quickly thread in the other sensor as not to allow any air bubbles.

FuzzFace2
09-21-2006, 02:55 PM
I think AMC had a stat housing that had a thermal vacuum switch in it I would try and find one of them to see if it would work for you.
MC’s may work too but I think the senders would not be in the coolant flow and may not give good readings. Just my .02
Dave ----

tufcj
09-21-2006, 04:07 PM
I have Howell EFI too. The EFI sensor needs to be below the thermostat. I did exactly what fuzzface2 suggested, my mechanical gauge is in the T-stat housing. It doesn't read until the stat opens, but I still like having that along with the factory gauge.

Bob
tufcj

FuzzFace2
09-21-2006, 05:12 PM
I did not think about it reading till stat opened :oops: but would read the right temp.
I think they make a radiator hose pipe with a bung in it too like this but bigger bung. install in top hose again not read right till stat opens
http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/small/sme-2201-11_w_s.jpg
Dave ----

onestophop
09-22-2006, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the info. The picture was quite helpful too.

Bulltear Ad