PDA

View Full Version : 71' javelin parts

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

BREK
09-28-2006, 12:52 PM
I'm posting this for a friend of mine.

tail lights, metal that the taillights mount to, both quarters, and trunk floor.

amckid6970
10-01-2006, 11:23 AM
Thanks for posting for me Brek, my computer access has been extreemly limited since I've been back. :smile:

For those that haven't heard my brother's 71 401 4spd AMX got smacked in the rear by some jacka$$ talking on a cell phone last Sunday. :(: The rear subframe got bent in the process too. #-o I haven't seen the car myself, but they will be putting it on a frame machine to see if they can save the car.

People that do that crap should be drug out in the street and shot.

Holeshot
10-11-2006, 09:09 AM
My CHERRY, one-owner, AMC emloyee owned, 48k mile silver AMX 360 GO car was hit in the rear the first Friday nite I owned it when I stopped at a stoplight & the wench in a Jeep behind me was "adjusting her radio"!!!

It had the tailight panel pushed in & a friend at the bodyshop told me DON'T replace the T/L panel because it will rust out there. That was in 1980 & he was right!!! Have them pull it out if at all possible!!!

amckid6970
10-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Right now the plan is to get it on a frame machine and pull it. Then we'll go from there.... it could get backhaved or repaired depending on how it looks when it gets pulled. It got smacked hard enough that the rearend wasn't sitting streight. :smile:

However, on a good note it sounds like the insurence company is working with my dad and they won't total the car. :t:

Bulltear Ad