PDA

View Full Version : Bricklin with a AMC engine?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

oldscout401
10-14-2006, 06:12 PM
While poking around the local pick-a-part looking for a power steering pully, I came across what appers to be a 74 Bricklin. It has a AMC engine in it. Someone already pulled the intake and valve covers, but the rest is still there including the remote oil filter setup. The engine bay was to tight to read the casting under the motor mount to see what size it was. Would this car have a 360 or a 401?

tufcj
10-15-2006, 07:04 AM
I'm pretty sure all the Bricklins with AMC motors had 360s from the factory, not to say someone couldn't have swapped in a 401.

Bob
tufcj

jeepsr4ever
10-15-2006, 09:48 AM
Those remote oil filter plates are worth $100 easy on ebay. The crossmember for the 360 is of real interest as well. Does the valve cover tag have a "n" or a "h"?

fifesjeep
10-16-2006, 11:34 AM
If they swapped a 401 in it that is worth some money as-well... Especially the crank..... A lot of guys who want more performance for their 360's make a stroker with the 401 crank... I was planning on doing this but couldn't get a 401 crank... (My buddy has a crap-ton of these motors and won't budge on one of them)... :(:
Also check the heads they might be the desirable ones, (Highly doubtful seeing that the covers were already off and the heads were still there.. but, you nver know). I'd be interested in the remote oiling... 8)

401 Pacer
08-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Straight from the useless information center........

Bricklins are chockablock full of AMC parts...front and rear suspension, steering, driveline etc. The first year cars (1974) did indeedy have AMC engines, but after failing to pay AMC (supposedly) they switched to Dorf 351 with FMX automagix.

There were less than 200 built with manual 4 speeds (AMC 360), and I was fortunate enough to have worked (and driven) one of these. Never heard of any being factory equipped with 401's, but anything is possible.

Really neat cars, but peering out from inside a corner mailbox affords a better view!

Bulltear Ad