PDA

View Full Version : Weird Whine

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

dbesade
10-17-2006, 06:13 AM
Hey,

Was driving to work this morning when a loud started, the tranny, was shifting erratically from 2nd to 3rd gears... while only happens when the RPM is up and wondering if any of you guys have had this problem...

Worried the whine might be the engine but can't quite nail it down

-Dave

jeepsr4ever
10-17-2006, 06:14 AM
Check that fluid Dave

dbesade
10-17-2006, 06:21 AM
Plan to after work... just was killing me this morning I was a Quart low on oil... no leaks must be burning some up. Ah well, I'll check the trans level at lunch and get back to you.

-Dave

dbesade
10-17-2006, 10:33 AM
Update:

Okay tranny fluid is full, Oil is full, but I found the source of the whine... the trans is the source of the whine, its SOUNDS like its near the bell housing so I'm thinking it could be the TC but I also saw a good amount of particulate matter in the fluid so I'm taking it to a reputable tranny shop here in town and they are going to do a diagnostic on it and let me know if anything other than a good flush is later today. :smile:

Part of me hopes its nothing serious, the other half of me hopes it needs a rebuild since its a great excuse to drop my transfer case and rebuild it while the tranny is out :mrgreen:

Will post the results.

dbesade
10-17-2006, 06:26 PM
Yup was the tranny, already in the shop for a rebuild (Trans died on the way TO the shop)

-Dave

Bulltear Ad