PDA

View Full Version : Intake gasket w/rear main oiling mod

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

caveman
10-24-2006, 11:37 AM
I'm putting the intake back on my 360 but have a new question. Please forgive me as I'm just learning the AMCs. I bought a felpro intake gasket set in order to put the Edlebrock Performer intake back on. The gasket is a stamped steel splash shield which won't fit due to the bypass mod in the valley. Edlebrock recommends this type gasget although the one I took out was just a fiber gasget on the heads (no metal splash).
What is the best advice you can give for replacing the intake. Cut the metal around the bypass hose or just use a fiber gasket around the head/ports?
Your word is gold as far as I'm concerned.
Thanks.

tufcj
10-24-2006, 01:01 PM
You can cut the pan some or bend it into a kind of "W" shape. I did a little of both on my AMX. I had to cut the front some, but managed to bend it enough in the rear.

Bob
tufcj

AMX69PHATTY
10-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Depending on how the lifter valley oil line is ran,
you may be able to use a hole saw and cut a round hole
in the valley pan gasket where the bypass line is in the back,
and bend it to go under the bypass line in the front.
But this way the valley pan has to be put in place before
making the final attachment of the rear bypass line to the block.
The valley pan gaskets has it's advantages over the fiber gaskets.
It helps control oil splash and keep it off the manifold.
But some do use the fiber gaskets as you mentioned were already there.
I guess the sheet metal PCV Oil Baffle plate is still on the manifold bottom.

caveman
10-24-2006, 06:28 PM
I guess the sheet metal PCV Oil Baffle plate is still on the manifold bottom.
The PCV oil baffle plate is on the manifold. I read the Edlebrock installation page for the intake and it did mention that it needed to be on there, along with the splash type gasket. I think I'll go ahead and cut it a little and bend into a slight "W" shape as TUFCJ suggested.

Thanks again.

Bulltear Ad