PDA

View Full Version : oil tube help

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

castro
10-25-2006, 11:12 PM
castro here i am about to go drilling for oil is ther any thing i need to khow before i install the oil tube under the intake on my 360 help me out here thanks

jeepsr4ever
10-25-2006, 11:24 PM
Well to tap it deep enough you will need to grind off the first....4 or so threads of your tap if your tapping a 3/8-npt. Take your time with it and you will get it right. Run the tap in as far asn you can get it and check your fittings then make sure you have about 3.5 threads.

tufcj
10-26-2006, 07:35 AM
Make sure that when you run the fittings in that they don't extend too far into the oil passages, especially the lifter side. You can get the fitting in too deep and block oil flow, creating more of a problem than helping.

The engine is out and apart? Don't do this unless you can clean the engine block thoroughly afterward. You will end up with metal shards everywhere. Pay extra attention to cleaning the lifter passage and #4 & 5 main passages.

I drilled and tapped mine before it went to the machine shop. They tanked it after their work, when I got it home, I washed it down with a power washer and detergent, and used engine brushes on all the passages. Then I hit it with compressed air and a quick mist of wd-40 to prevent rust.

Bob
tufcj

82Waggy
10-26-2006, 08:26 AM
My recommendation is to not do it at all.

In my opinion it helps nothing and causes other problems like poor valley pan fit.

Bulltear Ad