PDA

View Full Version : WANTED CJ 7 TUB

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

JERSEYJOE
11-06-2006, 11:17 AM
I AM LOOKING FOR A DECENT CJ 7 TUB FOR A SEMI- RESTORATION SO I CAN'T USE A YJ FOR THIS PROJECT. I'LL TAKE ONE THAT NEED SOME REPAIR EXCEPT FOR DAMAGED IN THE BODY MOUNT AREAS. WITHIN DRIVING DISTANCE FROM NJ SO FIGURE 300 -400 MILES RADIUS.

tufcj
11-07-2006, 02:04 PM
Try a new repro from here:

http://www.omix-ada.com/Catalog/p64new.htm

Send a PM to MC (jeepsr4ever) for prices, he's a dealer.

Bob
tufcj

JERSEYJOE
11-07-2006, 04:32 PM
I hear these are not great quality. I would rather spend the money on a repairable OEM tub than a replica. There must be some decent tubs around the country outside the RUST BELT.

I'm thinking down South or Midwest. I wanted a local find but that's a pipe dream

fifesjeep
11-09-2006, 06:12 PM
Anywhere around Jersey, Rhode Island, Vermont, NY, PA, Maryland, etc, etc and you're gonna be assed out 98% of the time..... If you have a rusted out dinged-up CJ tub just cut out the "Jeep" logo on both sides and put those on a YJ Tub... Along with the tailgate and rear fender flares, put the gas hole on the other side... They'll never know the difference... (only minor work in-order for it to look like a CJ.)
And to add to this, YJ tubs are plentiful to say the least. I got my YJ tub for $500 no rust, no dents, and great paint. So the money saved here on the YJ tub can be used for welding in the other pieces to have it look like a CJ... So either or you'll be looking around the same ball park price-wise. Good CJ tubs "Original" are next to impossible to find.

Phil
11-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Try Willys Overland corp in Toledo, OH. I dont know if they are still in bussiness but they used to produce "repro" tubs with the original tooling. they were pricy but were "original".
They must have bought the Willys name rights at some point.
I talked to the guy running it at one time, nice guy, hands on and knowlegeable.

Phil
11-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Heres a link to the Willys website!

http://www.willysoverland.com/

Happy shopping!

youdidwhat
11-10-2006, 08:17 AM
this is from one of the KC Jeep Club members.not mine.

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:20 am Post subject: i got a 76 cj-7 for sale

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

its in fair condition by that I mean theirs no rust but starches on the body the whole under carriage is rhino lined I am selling the jeep for cheap because I am moving and I need the money the only thing wrong with this jeep is it needs a new hood and wind shield
It has a 304 with a 4 inch body lift 33 inch tire with 15 inch deep dish rims this model has all time four wheel i have also researched the hood and wind shield it is around 450 to replace both i have all the seats they have water proof covers on the seats i live in Kansas city missouri the south part right by state line
around 75 and state line
got pictures e-mail me
Anyone interested e-mail me at

jamesphendo@hotmail.com

Bulltear Ad