PDA

View Full Version : ok theoretical question

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Goose
11-09-2006, 02:42 PM
IF I were to replace the push rods rockers and bridges..would there be any gain by using the fancy shmancy bulltear "small hole" pieces (since I am not replacing the cam bearings or lifters.) ?? (I have a couple that are worn and clicking..)

jeepsr4ever
11-09-2006, 02:46 PM
Yes

82Waggy
11-09-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm a propenent of reduced oil flow to the top if you are running high rpm's on a regular basis (over 4500-5000), with the following caviat; Oil through the valvetrain is also used to cool the valve springs, so be carefull that you do not restrict oil flow too much if you are building a daily driver.

I like the pump relief slot in the timing cover as a first mod, followed by improved drainback, deep sump increased capacity oil pans, full groove main bearings, and then restricted valvetrain flow - in that order. These few mods will address 99% of any AMC operational issue.

Goose
11-10-2006, 08:18 AM
Ahh, Good info all, This very definately a daily driver..and I really dont have any oil issues at this point..45 psi hot at 2500 rpm 15-20 hot idling at 850.. I just went through the engine last summer and sort of ran out of cash to replace the rocker pedastols.. (and as we know when you need it is when your last shortcut will get you..)

Bulltear Ad