PDA

View Full Version : Smokey 360

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

mika01
11-21-2006, 06:57 PM
I know its been covered in the post just below but here goes. I have a 360 that was smoking a little so I read the post and applied some of the recomendations. To my surprise I found that a non-functionning PCV valve must have been the culprit.

My question to the AMC experts is this: Can I remove the PCV & replace it with a simple breaher and plug the port on my Carb? Does this have any other impacts? Reason being when I removed it and pluged the port on the carb it solved my smoke problem. Thanks

fifesjeep
11-21-2006, 07:05 PM
I have a filter/breather on my oil fill tube and I have a line running to my carb filter.. and I have no problems with my 360 smoking. Plus this is helping to keep a negative or close to crank case pressure, which is good.

pyagid
11-21-2006, 09:18 PM
I know its been covered in the post just below but here goes. I have a 360 that was smoking a little so I read the post and applied some of the recomendations. To my surprise I found that a non-functionning PCV valve must have been the culprit.

My question to the AMC experts is this: Can I remove the PCV & replace it with a simple breaher and plug the port on my Carb? Does this have any other impacts? Reason being when I removed it and pluged the port on the carb it solved my smoke problem. Thanks

Glad to hear you found the issue so quickly. Now to get it fixed

-Paul

mika01
11-21-2006, 09:23 PM
Glad to hear you found the issue so quickly. Now to get it fixed
-Paul
I kept telling myself it cant be this easy? Thats it? All this time I thought I had a bum block! I'll be getting a breather in the morning.

ironman_gq
11-22-2006, 09:45 AM
breather should work good but you may find some new oil leaks when you disconnect the pcv. sometimes the vacuum from the pcv will keep your motor from leaking at all the seals.

mika01
11-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Thanks ironman, I'll keep an eye out for leaks, well un-usual leaks cause it will always leak! :wink:

ironman_gq
11-22-2006, 08:19 PM
watch for the rear main seal if it didn't leak before they're pretty common and a pita to change in the vehicle.

Bulltear Ad