PDA

View Full Version : Roller cam anyone?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

jeep_man_401
11-27-2006, 03:03 PM
Has anyone ran a roller cam in a AMC motor on this site? Just wondering as I know they are avaible and but have heard their are block mods. for the lifter clearance on some motors, not sure about the AMC.

If you have do you have cam specs and dyno figures?

javsst
12-05-2006, 01:03 PM
The 360 build I'm doing is using a Chet Herbert Hydraulic Roller Cam. I just received the Crane Hydraulic Roller lifters for it the other day. I called Crane tech support and asked if there were any install issues that they are aware of. The tech indicated there is one, and that's to make sure that the lifter bore covers the lifter during it's entire cycle. He indicated that they've seen some AMC blocks a little light on casting material at the top, allowing the lifter to expose the oiling hole.

The one mod I had to make to the motor was using the anti-walk plate at the front. From what I've read, rollers require some sort of plate or button to prevent cam walk.

I'll let you guys know more as I progress through the build. Also, I'll post the cam specs when I get home.

Steve

javsst
12-05-2006, 09:04 PM
BTW, the cam specs of the Herbert Hydraulic Roller are:

Advertised duration @ .050 -

285 Intake 285 Exhaust
244 Intake 244 Exhaust

Valve Lift .567 - .567

Lobe Center 110

This is what they recommended for the application that I plan on using the engine for (street/strip AMX)

Steve

milnersXcoupe
12-10-2006, 10:06 AM
get ahold of Nick Alfano > Alfano Racing > he is on the amc-list:

go to :

www.amxfiles.com

he has an AMC V8 shaft roller rocker system for $799.00 on eBay

has a 'nifty' anti-cam walk set up. :sa:

radamx
12-11-2006, 10:08 AM
I have been running solid roller for years .
biggest thing is cam walk.
I use a late model big block chevy cam plate .
bolts to the block with 2 -1/4 inch bolts . I have to machine the cam gear to clear the plate .
anybody with a lathe can do this it is not hard take the plate and the gear to a shop and they can do it .
they should not charge more than 1 hr labor charge.as it should only take about 15 minutes.
I have also used a sb ford and a 6cyl chevy plate but the one I use now seems to be the easyest to get for me.
not rocket science.I give about .010 clearence on the plate

Blown7
03-11-2007, 03:03 PM
I use a late model big block chevy cam plate .

Anybody got a Part number for this plate???????????
I'm gonna need this for the "New, improved, ultimate, the end all... AMC oiler"

Jeff

Bulltear Ad