PDA

View Full Version : 4 Piston Caliber Sleeves

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Bad72AMX
12-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Just what it says, a sleeve to rebuild the early brake caliber. If we had these we could press our own or take to a machine shop.

a440plus6
12-04-2006, 06:54 PM
What I would like to know is if the 4 piston units are the same as Mopar used. :idea:

Bad72AMX
12-04-2006, 07:15 PM
I think they are different from all others, and about $700/set to send out. My dads AMX has them and they are shot, and he would prefer 4 pistons. Thats all thats keeping it from driving- I got it running last year till it sucked scumed up fuel out of the pump. But @ $700 next on the list is repainting the Javelin- we'll likly do that ourselves. Whoevers idea it was to use chrome in an assembly that sits in a corrosive fluid should be beaten. Probably the same guy that decided on using a nonvented rotor.

tufcj
12-05-2006, 09:04 AM
Watch ebay... there's someone out there that sells the 4 pot calipers rebuilt with stainless sleeves for around $250-275 for a pair. I don't see any out there now, but I'll post is I see them.

Bob
tufcj

TAJavelin
12-05-2006, 08:06 PM
I would check Hemmings, I am pretty darn sure that the early 70's Corvettes used the same 4 Piston Caliper.
When SSBC first started out they rebuilt Corvettes and AMC 4 piston calipers. I would think if the bore and stroke was close enough or exact you could use them. They are probably dead on. It would probably be easiest to find. Then again I could be wrong but for some reason...

Bulltear Ad