PDA

View Full Version : Compression Question?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

RAMBLINFSJ
12-06-2006, 02:14 PM
I have read somewhere of some guys asking about 343 pistons, which are factory flat tops, in a 360. The only thing is they never could say what the actual compression ratio would be. With everything stock on the 360 with 58cc heads off an '87 Grand Wagoneer with the only thing being different is the 343 pistons, what would the compression ratio actually be? I know the bore size is the same but the 343 piston sits in the hole just alittle more at TDC, I don't know how much it sits down in the hole but it's not a whole lot compared to the 360 piston. I haven't found alot of info on the 343 piston so I don't know the valve relief volume or anything like that. Sorry for minimal info but if you can help me out I would appreciate it. I guess my real question is: Will this setup run on pump gas or race fuel?
Thanks guys.

jeepsr4ever
12-06-2006, 02:38 PM
11-1 but if you have your heads done up right you can drop the compression a little.

RAMBLINFSJ
12-07-2006, 11:09 AM
What cam would you recommend for this setup?

jeepsr4ever
12-07-2006, 12:33 PM
Depends on where you want to make the power. Any cam will do but its up to you and your drivetrain to pick where you need the snort.

Bulltear Ad