PDA

View Full Version : 401 blower motor

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

raydaddy
12-08-2006, 07:31 AM
Looking to build 401 blower motor,I have blocks,iron heads,edelbrock heads,cranks.Would like to build street/race motor for my 73 gremmy.Any recommendations on build would be greatly appreciated!

tarior
12-09-2006, 01:02 AM
Bring a big sack o' money! :mrgreen:

Blown7
12-09-2006, 03:15 AM
Looking to build 401 blower motor,I have blocks,iron heads,edelbrock heads,cranks.Would like to build street/race motor for my 73 gremmy.Any recommendations on build would be greatly appreciated!

First questions you have to answer
1. What type of fuel?
2. How much boost?
3. Desired horsepower?
4 Type of fuel delivery?

Answering those will give a start.

Jeff

jeep_man_401
12-09-2006, 03:34 AM
Hi,
The 401 AMC is a great engine, and a solid choice for supercharging. I can build you a custom blower setup for your 401, with the blower and drive, and carbs jetted, the whole deal. I'd start with one of your aluminum intakes, the Offy DQ might just be the ticket. And best of all, I can keep the whole package under 4K !, including a fresh rebuilt 6-71 blower. Let me know, -----Steve

----- Original Message -----
To: admin@uncommonengineering.com
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2004 1:10 AM
Subject: AMC Supercharger manifold?

I am currently in the process of rebuilding a 401 V8 AMC. I've heard of "paining" the manifold for a supercharger. I assume you do this and there is more to it than just cutting the top off.

I have several manifolds for my 401. A "Torker II" , Offy "360 dual quad" and several cast iron four bl manifolds.

What one could you make into a supercharger intake? What supercharger do I use then...6-71 or 8-71??

Where can I locate the proper crake pulleys and idealers?

Can you shoot me a price?

Try this guy at Uncommon engineering....

This is a email reply I got from him. It may have been cheaper for me to do the blower motor...but I went the other way instead. #-o

Blown7
12-09-2006, 04:33 AM
[quote]

This is a email reply I got from him. It may have been cheaper for me to do the blower motor...but I went the other way instead. #-o

Trust me the 4 grand just gets the blower on, if you need carbs thats another 1-1.5 K
Ignition figure 1 K (new dizzy, MSD 6, Rev limiter, big coil)
new water outlet 100.00
More neededs,,,,, linkages, throttle, tranny,
blow off plate on manifold, etc....

Then some chassis may need clearance for the blower drive, I had to stretch the chassis 5 inches on the CJ just to get enough room from the radiator. Also the needed room at the cowl so the blower doesn't interfere.

You did a great job with your normally asirated !!!

Jeff

a440plus6
12-09-2006, 04:59 AM
I have a brandy new Procharger setup I bought for a Mopar project that never got finished. Does anyone know of a serpentine belt setup for an AMC engine out there? :idea:

BREK
12-09-2006, 08:06 AM
I have a brandy new Procharger setup I bought for a Mopar project that never got finished. Does anyone know of a serpentine belt setup for an AMC engine out there? :idea:

Check this months carcraft mag. Theres a guy in it that built a serpentine setup. If I remember right there was even contact info for him.

milnersXcoupe
12-10-2006, 03:58 AM

Yep > go here for AMC 390 / 401 Serp. Belt Conversion:

http://tinyurl.com/y49u48 :shock:

a440plus6
12-10-2006, 05:54 AM
Thanks guys :sa: :lo1l: =D>

Bulltear Ad