PDA

View Full Version : black cj-7 hardtop and TONS of CJ parts

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

gschuld
01-03-2007, 01:26 AM
Happy New Year,

It's getting cold this time of year, so I was wondering if one of you guys need a mint hard top. I pulled it off a 1979 cj7 that I stripped for driveline parts over 10yrs. ago. I always ran a CJ5 so it is nothing I need. I kept it and a bunch of other stuff around for a friend who swore he'd get a 7 project. Never happened. In fact I pulled the perfect cond. rollbar as well, also CJ7 specific. They have been stored inside(like EVERYTHING else) for a good 10 years or so now in my shop. If anyone is interested, let me know.
I also have an embarrassingly large collection of mostly 76-79 CJ parts that I've collected for some 13yrs(dismantled 3 complete 76-79 304,T150,CJs for parts) I have a 1979 CJ5 rolling chassis(with title) perfect cond. frame, good set of lifted springs, used full fiberglass 5 body, amc v8 parts, rears, too much stuff. As far as pricing goes...I suggest that if your interested in something, just be honest with yourself in figuring what you think it should realistically be worth, then take a bit off for the fact that I'd rather see the stuff get used than try to get top dollar. Then just make me an offer...I'd like to think of myself as being easy to deal with. It's time to clear out some stuff.

Let me know,

George

happyhoppy
01-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Could you send me some pictures of the used full fiberglass 5 body to hoppym38@yahoo.com?
Thanks.

gschuld
01-03-2007, 07:36 PM
I guess it's time to get it out of the garage. I'll try to get it out shortly to take some pictures.

George

Goose
01-03-2007, 10:24 PM
do you happen to have a sway bar and spring plates that would fit a cj5 ? in your vast collection?

mwouda
01-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Hello George,

Just wondering if you might have a master cylinder push rod for a CJ7. The one that connects to the brake pedal. I seemed to have lost mine and is slowing my project. :sa:

gschuld
01-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Goose...sway bar and spring plates. I assume that you are looking for the front spring plates? Do you need the stock length connecting rods for the sway bar or just the bar? Do you need the brackets for the frame that the sway bar mounts to? I believe that I have all these things. Maybe more! Let me know for sure what you need...my stuff isn't as organized as I would like. I have a whole bunch of big old milk crate cartons lined up on some shelves for the small stuff. I do know exactly where the sway bar is though.

Where are you?

George
(New Jersey)

gschuld
01-04-2007, 09:26 PM
mwouda

...I should have one for you. I'll take a look tomorrow. My garage/shop space is about 5 miles from my house. She would kill me if I had all that stuff at home in the garage. It wouldn't all fit if I tried, not even close!

George

dbesade
01-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Sent PM

Goose
01-05-2007, 01:34 AM
Yes I need all that frame mounts and links and bar and the spring plates.. I have one of those "Lawyer specials" 77 v-8 cj-5 no sway bars and power disc brakes.. can you say "Body roll"? as in SON OF A BLank that was scary! after the first corner that you forget you are not in the TJ..

I am in Colorado.you know where God created the Jeep.. that whole Toledo thing?? thats a myth.. Toledo Street in Denver.. no really!

gschuld
01-05-2007, 11:40 AM
I know I've got it all...just a matter of finding it all. I'll take a look. I hear you in the sway bar deal. When I bought my 76 CJ-5 it had an aftermarket rear sway bar on the dana 44 that was on it along with the factory front bar. I didn't take it off. With 33s and a 3in lift it sure helps on the road.

George

Goose
01-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Thanks man let me know if ya come across it.. I'm up to my butt in snow here so no hurry.

gschuld
01-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Sorry guys, I did not get a chance to look for the jeep stuff today. I have a family get together tomorrow but I should be able to get over there Sunday or Monday.

George

oldscout401
01-07-2007, 10:19 AM
I've got a 79 CJ7 and would be real interested in that hard top. Unfortunatly we are real far away from you. (In Califorina) I don't think ups would take it. Any ideas on how it could be shipped with out costing a fourtune? Got any doors to go with it?

gschuld
01-07-2007, 11:17 AM
OLDSCOUT401,

I acually have an old AMC convertible in Napa California that I need shipped back here. I know a 3car hauler guy locally that might be heading that way! Somehow I doubt that it would be worth the trouble for you. There must be plenty of hradtops out there in your area...or atleast a lot closer. It sure is nice top though. Sorry no doors...a guy locally rolled his scrambler and talked me out of them years ago.

George

Bulltear Ad