PDA

View Full Version : I got the power

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Penguin
01-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Hey I just finished my doors. Here is a link http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v291/lost-one/Doors/?action=view&current=Power.flv
The rest of the pictures.http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v291/lost-one/Doors/
As you can see I had to do some metal work. My MIG was great for this. Plus my father has a spot welder so I could tack the part I needed to weld to in before I started.
I used POR-15 on them to keep them from rusting out. Then I shot them with the POR-15 primer then hit them with the color and 4 coats of clear. The first coat of clear went dowm bad as I had the wrong settings on the gun. But it didn't turn out to bad after all. Not bad for my first gun spray job.
I had an apoulstry(sp) shop do the boards an fix a sopt on the original covers. They then put a die on them to change them from tan to grey. I put the YJ style handle(black) on them to match my leather wrapped wheel and JC bar.

Soylent_Green
01-16-2007, 10:40 PM
:t:
Looking good!

Lifted79CJ7
01-17-2007, 08:40 PM
:lo1l: :t: :!: :sa:

Goose
01-18-2007, 11:04 AM
:shock: :? power goood cranky sliders Baaaad!! do mine next ehh?

Penguin
01-18-2007, 02:14 PM
It really isn't that hard to do. I got the whole kit out of 4wd. It was easy as heck to wire up.
I put all new seals and runners in also. I figured what the heck I got all of it out for painting, might as well put new back in.

Goose
01-19-2007, 01:19 PM
True... The times I usually kick myself is when I do some major project.. then screw it up trying to reuse some .29 cent piece that I should have replaced any way!

Penguin
01-25-2007, 03:37 PM
Well it was really $129 per door for all of the seals and runners. But again it was well worth it.
Talk about not replacing parts, I once re-ringed, bearinged, and other assored work on an engine but didn't want to ride my bike down to the parts store so I reused my old oil pump. 300 miles later I needed to redo the motor because I lost oil pressure going down the highyway.

Goose
01-26-2007, 11:39 PM
Yep.. thats the kind of things I do .. :mrgreen:

Bulltear Ad