PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of emissions stuff

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

High5
01-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Let's say I want to use the stock 4V intake and the stock exhaust manifolds on the 360 I just bought. However, I don't want or need the emissions stuff. What all has to be plugged on the intake and what would you do with the air tube holes?? Just stick bolts in them or what???

I'm sticking it on the stand this weekend, but not sure when I'll get a compression test done. Too damn cold out to be working in the garage. I'm hoping, yeah right, that I won't need to do much if anything to get this hog put in my CJ except a new carb and HEI.

Can anyone help me out???

High5 :lo1l:

Patf10
01-17-2007, 08:30 PM
on mine all i run is the PCV valve that goes to the carb and then a vaccume line that goes to my edelbrock carb. everything else is plugged.

High5
01-18-2007, 08:14 AM
Do you have any pics of how you did this??? I see a lot of holes and wonder which ones I can plug. With the exhaust manifolds, can I just stick short bolts in there, or is that going to screw the exhaust flow up too much???

Thanks

High5

Goose
01-18-2007, 11:00 AM
If you check out a good hardware stores they have brass pipe plugs that fit right in there.. you can grind the back side flat if you need to.

CJim7
01-18-2007, 10:37 PM
im running a de-smogged 401, and like Pat, only have the PCV and vacuum advance. For the exhaust manifolds, i just pulled the fittings out and replaced them with bolts. The hardware store carries the proper size, i dont remember exactly what it was.

Im useing an Edelbrock intake, so i plugged everything exept the water return port. Used one of the forward ports for a temp sender.

ironman_gq
01-19-2007, 08:12 AM
you can plug everything except the PCV and the vacuum advance which runs from the carb to the dizzy. you can also plug the PCV port on the manifold/carb if you run a breathter in one of the valve covers.

High5
01-20-2007, 04:20 PM
Which is the PCV port??? Is that the big port on the back???

High5

dbesade
01-21-2007, 08:39 PM
Which is the PCV port??? Is that the big port on the back???

High5

Yep.

Bulltear Ad