PDA

View Full Version : Drilling out main bearings

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

toolong
01-23-2007, 06:33 AM
I read somewhere about redrilling the mains oil holes, but where ?? Could someone help me ? Thanks a lot :t:

ironman_gq
01-23-2007, 01:07 PM
it's done often lets you pick what size oil hole you want. Done a lot with cam bearings you drill the hole and then line your hole up with the oil slot.

toolong
01-23-2007, 10:38 PM
Thanks for your help Ironman, I found in another site that I can drill the last 4 main on the block at 11/32. What do you think about that ? :-|

ironman_gq
01-24-2007, 01:53 PM
couldn't tell you I've never done it myself but I have heard of a lot of guys doing it. Check with some of the guru's and see what they think.

82Waggy
02-03-2007, 09:16 AM
A lot of people talk about opening up the feed path from the lifter gallery to the main bearings, or, adding another feed path from the drivers side lifter gallery to the main bearings. Keep in mind, however, that the hole in the bearing, the bearing to journal clearance, and oil pressure is ultimately what governs flow rate through the bearings themselves.

toolong
02-12-2007, 05:34 AM
Sorry Waggy for that really late reply, just back from work !!
So, I don't really know if I'm going to do it, I prefer to be safe than sorry ! but I will dig a bit further on that subject. Thanks for your help. :sa:

Bulltear Ad