PDA

View Full Version : Hey Bob (Tufcj)....

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

CJim7
01-23-2007, 02:39 PM
A few years back, you posted something elsewhere about cheap FI for the AMC V8. might have been Chevy injection, i cant remember.....could you reboot my memory :-|

ironman_gq
01-24-2007, 01:36 PM
theres a few articles on this around the internet using a chevy TBI and salvage yard parts. try this site (http://www.geocities.com/cantwait_forviolence/test/mods_all.html ) Its got almost everything you could ever want for jeep mods.

tufcj
01-25-2007, 08:23 AM
When I got my Howell EFI (nearly 5 years ago now), it ran $1250 to my door. That was everything except air cleaner, fuel lines, a wire for the fuel pump, and check engine light. Howell will burn you a chip and sell the CJ wiring harness for around $500 if you want to scrounge the TBI, MAP, O2, temp sensors, and computer from a 91-95 GM truck. I used my Mallory unilite dist, but they can make the wiring harness HEI compatible. I just bought the complete kit, so there would be no finger pointing if there were a problem.

Their instructions were great, the harness wired right up. It started on the first try, and aside from a bad O2 sensor, it's been trouble free.

www.howell-efi.com

There are ones out there like megasquirt (google it) that you can build yourself. I just like the Howell system, since it's all GM based, you can walk into any parts store if something were to fail.

Bob
tufcj

CJim7
01-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Thanks guys.
im not ready for FI just yet (the Qjet's working great), but somebody was asking me about it, so i told them i would do a bit of research.

Bulltear Ad