PDA

View Full Version : Lockers

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

rollbar
01-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Are Detroit True Tracks LS any good? I need to install two lockers & the reason I want one in the front (D-30) is because I have 3.73 gears & I 'm @ my carrier break. Stock gears 2.73, :oops: :smile:

I was looking into the OX for the rear & a lunch box locker for the front but I think I will go w/a limited slip locker.

I did hear some negitave things about Detroits or am I wrong.

I'm open to ALL ideas.

Jeep will be used for Mud, Sand, Water & some (few) rocks if any.

Thanks,
Rollbar

P.S. D-44 CJ rear & D-30 CJ front.

CJim7
01-23-2007, 06:48 PM
I would go as cheap as possible.....only becauase i can see the future, and i see you going up in tire size and down in gear ratio or upgradeing the axles altogether.

Therefore, think cheap. Lockrights are easy to install, cheap, and will stand up to so fairly decent punishment.

rollbar
01-23-2007, 07:32 PM
I probably will not change the ratio or axles. I might however replace the D-30 shafts later on or now (it depends on the next month) but that will be all.

Is the Power-trax a better locker for a longer longevity or.....

CJim7
01-23-2007, 10:03 PM
I've been running Lockrites (and runnning them hard) for about 5 years now without any problems. Their flaw, like many other lockers, is they're longevity depends on case tolerance. A worn out case will throw lockrites left and right.

ironman_gq
01-24-2007, 01:48 PM
I got lockrights and love em. I have yet to notice any bad handling quirks other than a little torque steer.

rollbar
01-24-2007, 04:13 PM
Lockrights meaning-lockrights & not the PowerTrax extreme full traction locker correct.

Thanks, it's been a long day. 111!!!

P.S. Should I get the Lockright for the rear & the Power trax extreme for the front or ..............

P.S.S. Where would be the cheapest place to get them, Trailquest, 4WDH, Quadratech ?????

CJim7
01-24-2007, 06:56 PM
Powertrax is the company that makes Lockrite and No-Slip (a tamer version of the Lockrite)...I havent heard of the Extreme full traction locker :-|

I shopped around, seems like there is always somebody offering deals. Just happened to be 4WD Hardware at the time i bought mine. be sure to purchase a hardened crosshaft. Powertrax wont warranty breakage if you use a stock shaft.

rollbar
01-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Thanks,

Bulltear Ad