PDA

View Full Version : YJ on a CJ7

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

grignac48
02-07-2007, 06:00 PM
I got a YJ body I am putting on a CJ7 frame. I already know about the body mount issue. The questions I have are:
What did you do with the fuel tank fill? The CJ is passenger side and the YJ is Drivers. I have a good tank and sender with new plate and strap. Can I cut a hole an put it on the passenger side?

The Dash of a CJ should bolt right on? Right?
The windshield frame is toast. Should I replace with a YJ or will my old CJ frame work.

A little too chilly try it right now. We in the midwest have been spoiled for the last 10 years with mild winters. Reminds me of when I was a little one. You had to drink to stay warm. :razz:

tufcj
02-07-2007, 07:38 PM
I put a TJ filler in the pass side of my CJ body, so anything is possible. If it's a metal tank, a radiator shop may be able to move the filler hole so you don't have to cut/patch the body.

A CJ dash will fit, but only if you use the CJ heater parts, which may take some additional holes in the firewall. I think you'll also have to use the CJ steering column. You can also use the CJ windshield, but to you have to cut a hole in the cowl to make the defroster work, and use the CJ hinges.

Bob
tufcj

grignac48
02-09-2007, 12:23 PM

Bulltear Ad