PDA

View Full Version : ok totally unrelated question.

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Goose
02-11-2007, 12:05 PM
How many Scouts (Boy Scouts not International Harvester) are here??

Just curious.. after all we all seem to be such a happy group (you know now that I say that and think back..) I don't know that we have ever had a serious flame job on the board?? even with some pretty fundamental disagreements.

CJim7
02-11-2007, 01:10 PM
I think MC is a boyscout :-|

Phil
02-11-2007, 07:45 PM
I was a scout! as far as I know I'm still the only courts martial in the history of the scouts.

(something about a fire I'm still not allowed to talk about it)

Penguin
02-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Never made it that far. My dad was never around and it was hard to do some of the father son things.
So I quit.

tufcj
02-12-2007, 01:46 PM
I was a Boy Scout. Made Life, working toward Eagle when I got too old. Wasn't interested in Explorers. Got my first AMC about that time (73 Hornet hatchback), and started gear heading it (SC/360 clone).

Bob
tufcj

Goose
02-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Well I guess I am still a Scout.. My oldest (28) got me into it years ago.. now the 7 year old is starting Cub Scouts.. Hmm Is it pine wood derby time yet?? MC I may need some trick bling wheels...say 2" :wink:

jeepsr4ever
02-12-2007, 09:56 PM
You guys picking on me :smile: I grew up dirt poor. My folks didnt have any money for cub scouts so I never went. We were very poor.

73hornut
02-12-2007, 10:20 PM
You guys picking on me :smile: I grew up dirt poor. My folks didnt have any money for cub scouts so I never went. We were very poor.
Ya me too, but we still had dirt!

rollen dean montoya
02-14-2007, 07:41 PM
too busy camping, desert riding, shooting, chasing girls :lo1l:

Blown7
02-15-2007, 04:43 AM
I never was a Scout, never interested, only child dad worked second shift spent all my free time in our little behind the house shop. I had a set of torches, two lathes (father was a tool and die maker) little Dayton buzz box welder, a small bench grinder, and a Sears compressor. Did spend a lot of time making black powder paper bombs and cannons, along with working on my first project a CJ2A at the tender age of 11

Jeff

youdidwhat
02-15-2007, 05:35 AM
I was a cub scout
never went any further.
My mom got me into the scouts after her and my dad split up
I thought they were kind of strange so I stopped going.

Goose
02-16-2007, 01:59 PM
:shock: Seems kinda wierd, I got into scouting as a little kid for exactly those reasons.. No-Dad, worthless Mom and zero money.. a local church had a scout program and they took me in..wierd how similar situations work themselves out..

:sa: It's all good.. I was just curious

Penguin
02-16-2007, 03:39 PM
:shock: Seems kinda wierd, I got into scouting as a little kid for exactly those reasons.. No-Dad, worthless Mom and zero money.. a local church had a scout program and they took me in..wierd how similar situations work themselves out..

:sa: It's all good.. I was just curious

Personally I think it is easier if you don't have a dad. Then they don't expect you to have someone to do things with. But when you have a dad that didn't have the time to spend with you it was worse. They made me feel like I was unwanted.

Bulltear Ad