PDA

View Full Version : postal and police jeep

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

ironman_gq
03-07-2007, 04:51 PM
one of the salvage yards up here in northern MN has a postal jeep with right side drive and a police jeep that they might be willing to part with. not sure on how complete they are cause they're buried to the doors in snow but they dont have titles.

jeepsr4ever
03-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Police jeep? Interestng I would love to see a photo. I just sold a postal jeep body in good condition for 4 qts of 80w90 and a large tin of swiss miss cocoa with the tiny marshmellows.

tufcj
03-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Most postal's (called DJs) are 2WD. They do have a Dana 44 rear and are usually limited slip (track-lock). They are about 1" narrower than a narrow track CJ. You can convert them to 4WD and chop off the top to make them look more like a CJ.

Bob
tufcj

ironman_gq
03-07-2007, 09:12 PM
I can send you the number of the place and you can see if they can send some photos. the police jeep has the lights and siren still. dont know if they work but it would be kind of neat to find out. anyone know what tranny they came with?

hotratz
03-08-2007, 07:35 AM
.......and a large tin of swiss miss cocoa with the tiny marshmellows.

That usually always seals the deal.

jeepsr4ever
03-08-2007, 07:50 AM
Most postal's (called DJs) are 2WD. They do have a Dana 44 rear and are usually limited slip (track-lock). They are about 1" narrower than a narrow track CJ. You can convert them to 4WD and chop off the top to make them look more like a CJ.

Bob
tufcj

Bob the ones I have measured have been 1" wider :mrgreen: Yes tiny marshmellows always do it for me.

Bulltear Ad