PDA

View Full Version : OIL COOLER ROUTING

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

JERSEYJOE
03-12-2007, 10:18 AM
What is the proper schematic for installing a remote filter and cooler? should the oil come out of the pump to the filter then the cooler, then to the motor? Is the cooler plumbed so that the inlet is on the top or bottom? One more question: where is the most logical place to measute oil tempeture? In the pan? at the cooler?

ironman_gq
03-12-2007, 11:05 AM
I would measure temp at the block so you get an idea of what the oil is actually at not what it has been cooled to. as for routing I have no idea but i would put the inlet for the cooler on top.

JERSEYJOE
03-12-2007, 11:18 AM
I am running the Bulltear cover, midplate and remote cooler setup, but I am going to use braided steel lines for the filter and cooler. I was concerned with the system draining back during long periods of sitting. I suppose I could run some sort of pressurized accumulator ( like an accusump) for pre-start prining. What line size is considered adaquate for the remote filter and cooler?

jeepsr4ever
03-12-2007, 03:21 PM
One out of the mount to a T the other out of the mount to the cooler then back to the T and the third leg on the T to the 626 plate. Did you get a T with your plate?

JERSEYJOE
03-12-2007, 04:03 PM
I don't think so. Is it a steel fitting?

jeepsr4ever
03-12-2007, 04:08 PM
No, should have been brass

etjeep
04-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Jersey Joe,
You missed my posts on this a few months ago. I think its all in there. Hope it helps http://www.bulltear.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6404&highlight=oil+cooler

Bulltear Ad