PDA

View Full Version : 360 build

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Mcktiger74cj5
03-29-2007, 11:20 AM
hello,
ok i have my 360 block and heads back from the machine shop.i would like to get a list of what else i need.what i have is
1)cam ,lifters ,smaller cam bearings installed,smaller rockers, rol head gaskets .045.
now for what i need
1)timing cover with oil pump,timing chain, cam and dizzy gear.
2)complete gasket set
3)paint
4)hi flow water pump
Im going to use the manifold,carb ,dist,plugwires.
What also need to know is any special brand to get? like plugs,break in oil, timing chain.
I dont know what mid plates are? anything else would be great.I do know i will be buyingfrom here timing cover, pump,gears please let me know what i missing thanks. :t:

fifesjeep
03-29-2007, 11:47 AM
hello,
ok i have my 360 block and heads back from the machine shop.i would like to get a list of what else i need.what i have is
1)cam ,lifters ,smaller cam bearings installed,smaller rockers, rol head gaskets .045.
now for what i need
1)timing cover with oil pump,timing chain, cam and dizzy gear.
2)complete gasket set
3)paint
4)hi flow water pump
Im going to use the manifold,carb ,dist,plugwires.
What also need to know is any special brand to get? like plugs,break in oil, timing chain.
I dont know what mid plates are? anything else would be great.I do know i will be buyingfrom here timing cover, pump,gears please let me know what i missing thanks. :t:
Why are you going with smaller Rockers??? If anything go up to the 1.7's (Roller)... You'll get a little better "Umph" out of it... especially if you use a stock cam... What are your intentions with this engine (That's the most important factor when building an engine). Is it for general use, extreme, occasional use etc? I'd go with the Pro-Comp Distributor and Ignition module (You can't beat the prices!)... As for the valvetrain I've always used CompCams (Just my pref). As for the paint, Advance Auto etc has plenty... various temps/colors etc... In all reality you can basically get everything here for good prices... and it's quality stuff... As for the gaskets... ebay has them for dirt.. sometimes it's better to buy them out-right from the Auto Stores... etc.. I'd dump the Heavy A$$ stock manifold off at the junk-yard and get a good used manifold off of ebay for $125-$150... or less.

Mcktiger74cj5
03-29-2007, 03:04 PM
ok, i will be running the performer intake ,1406 carb.i have the mellon cl-mta1 280int 289 exh As for the rockers i got them from here for oiling .This will be going in my 74 cj5 just a toy.
i as so have the msd 6al ingintion the dist. no longer has the points but i would like to go with the hei eventuly.

Bulltear Ad