PDA

View Full Version : oil filter leaks?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

cobra5laddict
03-30-2007, 01:12 PM
has anyone had an oil filter leak from hte factory seam?

i have looked and looked and i can seem to find the source of my oil leak on my new 360. i have about 60psi cold and 30psi hot.

anyway i could swear that the oil is getting forced out of the oil filter seam where the can meets the base.. is this even possible? 111!!! it has done this on 2 filters now...

i have checked the adapter to the timing cover and it seems alright without leaks, the funny thing is just the bottom half of the filter gets wet and drips.. onto the frame and down the leaf then it makes spots on my garage floor!

Blown7
03-30-2007, 04:44 PM
How tight are you installing the filter?

Jeff

Goose
04-01-2007, 09:27 PM
It is possible that your pressure bypass is stciking and it is forcing the oil out when cold.. ( a lilttle oil makes a BIIIG mess)

ironman_gq
04-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Guy I know had his stick during the first startup after he rebuilt it from the assembly lube. The oil filter exploded twice before the plunger unstuck itself and he hasn't had a problem since.

cobra5laddict
04-02-2007, 10:57 AM
Turned out to be that the mating surface where the pressure bypass spring cap bolt seals was not square (the adapter) i tried to replace the aluminum washer twice and neither would seal right.. you could tell my the marking on the washers that the contact patch was only about 3/4 the way around the washer..

i slapped a fiber washer in (same thickness as he aluminum) and appears to be all fixed. the fan was just blowing the oil all over eveything making it look like the filter.

Goose
04-02-2007, 01:07 PM
It's always good when the problems turn out to be easy and cheap...It's those clank clank rattle BAM! ones that get me down.

Bulltear Ad