PDA

View Full Version : rocker arms

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

joshcrowley
04-13-2007, 10:33 PM
Wierd. I am pretty certain that this engine that I obtained (360) has 258 rocker arms on it. I rebuilt the engine but am just now getting around to the cylinder head stuff. How do I tell if they are 360 rockers? Is there a difference? I just noticed that all of the pictures I see of v8 rockers look different. I got a v8 rocker from autozone to compare and they were definately different...But judging on my autozone experiences it is probably not even an amc part. So how would I tell? Also, is there a difference between the exhaust and intake rockers on these engines? This is my first one so I don't know. Please help. ahah.

thanks

radamx
04-14-2007, 06:42 AM
if it has pre 73 heads it will have studs and rockers with balls and nuts.the latter rockers were bridge rockers with either a aluminum bridge or steel 3 peice bridges with bolts holding them down.
what do your rockers look like .any pics?

joshcrowley
04-14-2007, 01:28 PM
I dont have any way to take pics. They are 79 heads with the bridge/rockers/2pieces that bolt down inside the rocker. I figured out that I need different rockers. Are there any differences between exhaust and intake? some companies sell ehaust/intake and some sell the same one for both.

tufcj
04-14-2007, 04:02 PM
No difference between intake & exhaust. The bridges are the same for the 6 and 8, not sure about the rockers. The OEM rocker bridges were 1 solid piece of cast aluminum. The aftermarket replacement bridges have the aluminum pivots with a stamped metal bridge (probably cheaper/easier to make).

MC sells the bridges and rockers here, go up to the top and click on the E-store, or try this link:

http://www.bulltear.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_35

Bob
tufcj

bulletbuilder
04-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Sled rockers are the same between 6's and 8's.
Larry 8)

Bulltear Ad